PersonalStorage.FromFile fails when OST is large

When trying to open an OST that was about 51GB in size we get the following error

Dim ost1 As PersonalStorage

ost1 = PersonalStorage.FromFile(pstfilename, False)

error: "Destination array is not long enough to copy all the items in the collection. Check array index and length."

We are unsure whether it is due to the physical size or the number of messages inside the container as we are unable to even open it. the error occurs on line to when we call FromFile or FromStream.

It is critical we get past this as we have may OST files that are larger than this one and we are quite stuck.

Is there some kind of internal limit to the PersonalStorage object? if so, how do we get past this?

Thanks

Hi Rakesh,

This is a size limitation as can be seen here: File size limits of .pst and .ost files are larger - Outlook | Microsoft Learn which shows that the maximum size is 50 GB and Aspose.Email is following the same in this case.

Hi

Thank you for the response.

It seems to be a registry limit that can be changed based on the kb. So if I increase the registry, will it work? Or has Aspose imposed a hard limit? If so can Aspose make it a soft limit and read the registry so we can decide what the limits are?

Thanks

Hi Rakesh,

Due to absence of such a large OST file, we can’t test this issue for reproducing at our end and can not test it further. Without testing, the behavior of the API is not known to us in this case. I am not sure if you can share such a large OST file with us for our investigation. Please let us know if you can be of any additional help to us in this case.

Hi

I understand that 50GB is too large to test with. But my question is whether Aspose has a Hard Coded limit based on the Microsoft KB, or does it look at the registry value as mentioned in the KB. If it is hard coded, what will it take to modify the API to read from the registry if it exists?

We have invested quite a bit in Aspose hoping to get the support needed. Please help!!

Thanks

Hi Rakesh,

Could you please check if the PST of such large size can be populated in MS Outlook? It may be that the PST is corrupt as we have checked from our code base and there is no such limit imposed from the API end. Please share your feedback for further assistance.