Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Picture box is merging with text inside a textbox

I have textbox with some text and i also have picture box which has a logo , inside the same text box. When we are converting this word document into pdf using ASPOSE, the Logo is getting merged with the text .

When we convert the word doc into pdf directly by saving it, it looks fine.

Can you help me with this.

Thanks,
Chiru

Hello

Thanks for your request. You are using very difficult shape construction; there is lot of floating TextBoxes which cover each other.

The only thing I can I can suggest in this case is refactoring of your template, for example you can try using tables to layout your document. Please let me know if you need assistance in refactoring your template, I will be glad to help you.

Best regards,

Andrey,

Thanks for replying.

We have less/no control over the changes to template. When I try to save the template as .pdf from MS Word "tmesys" logo is not overlapping the text and we are getting expected result. But when we try to programmatically get the same results using Aspose, logo is overlapping with text. Any help to replicate the MS Word results using Aspose programmatically would be greatly appreciated.

Hello

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.

Best regards,

Thank you for linking the issue.

Is there definite time this issue will be fixed or usually it is slated for next release. I am trying to understand your fix and release schedule.

Thanks,

Rajesh Natarajan

Hello

Thanks for your request. At the moment this issue is pending for analysis. The responsible developer will analyze the issue and we will be able to provide you an estimate.

Best regards,

Andrey,

Do we have an update on this issue?

Thanks,

Raj

Hello

Thanks for your request. Analysis of this issue is complete. The problem occurs because the document has text box with an inline picture inside. The picture has dimensions larger than of the text box. The picture is not clipped thus overlapping.
But unfortunately, currently there is no estimate for this issue. So I cannot promise you anything regarding it. We will be sure to inform you of any progress regarding this issue.

Best regards,

Hello, Raj.

Further analysis shows the document is rendered correctly. And the issue is some strange glitch with MS Word itself:

A textbox which contains the image has property “Resize Autoshape to Fit
Text” set on. This means the shape should become wider than it’s
content. However MS Word does not expand the shape width and so trims
the part of internal image.

Aspose.Words do expand the textbox to include the whole image, according to its properties.

To be sure if it’s not normal behavior you can, for example, change the
picture fill color to some solid color (e.g. green) - textbox will
expand. Then if you change the picture fill color back to “No Color” - textbox
will remain the same expanded size. So there’s no way to return to the
orginal glitched state of the textbox without undoing the changes.

Since it’s not a bug of Aspose.Words issue is closed.

As a workaround I’d suggest you to set “Resize Autoshape to Fit
Text” off for the textbox.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4857) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.