Picture Objects Missing / Shifting after conversion to PDF

Objects used to create a picture in the source file are missing from, or display differently / appear in different locations in the file after conversion PDF. See the attached documents for an example. Conversion code is as shown here:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/66080.
Thank you,
Ken

Hello Ken,

Thanks for your inquiry. I managed to reproduce the problems on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
The problem occurs because you use floating objects in your document. Currently Aspose.Words does not fully support Text Wrapping during converting to PDF. As a workaround, you can try refactoring your document to avoid using floating objects.
Best regards,

Is support of floating object on you current development plan? If so, when do you plan to offer support for floating objects.
Also it is not clear from your response how text wrapping is related to the floating object problem. Can you elaborate?
Thank you,
Ken

Hello

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, currently, I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding text wrapping feature. Text wrapping is very complex feature. Most likely, this feature will be supported somewhere in the first half of the next year.
Floating object should be text wrapped.
Best regards,

Can you give an update on when you expect to support this feature? This quarter? Next quarter? Later?
thank you,
Ken

Hi Ken,
Thanks for your inquiry.
It appears some headway has been made on this issue and it is marked as resolved. However, this may only mean that partial support for floating content is supported for now. You can test this on your documents with the next release.
Thanks,

That is great news. When is the next release planned for?

Hi Ken,
Then next release is due out some time in the next week or two. We apologise for the delay as normally we have a release every month or so but since this upcoming one is a big release (the first automatically ported version of Aspose.Words for Java) it was delayed.
We will inform you as soon as it is available.
Thanks,

We are happy to tell you that a very cool and important feature (filed as 7180) is included in the new version of Aspose.Words. Text wrapping around images and shapes when rendering Microsoft Word documents to PDF, XPS and printing is now supported. You can download the latest version from here.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(106)

I have downloaded and tested the latest version of Aspose.Words (9.7). I am also using the latest version of Adobe Reader (9.4.2).
I created a simple document with text and a picture and formatted the picture to have different types of wrapping. Here are the results.
OK
Square Centre
Square Left
Square Other
Square Right
Tight Centre
Tight Other
Tight Right
Not OK
Tight Left appears to behave like Square Left
This isn’t too bad so…
I then tested a document that we’ve been having trouble with when converting to PDF (It has a text box that uses ‘Square Other’ wrapping). It is improved, in that the text box no longer overlaps the normal text. Unfortunately half of the normal text gets pushed onto the 2nd page.
I have attached the word document and the PDF document. I’d be really grateful if someone could tell me why this is happening and how to fix it.
Thanks
Kev

Hello

Thanks for your request. The problem occurs because Tight and Through wrapping styles are not supported during rendering yet. I linked your request to the appropriate issues, you will be notified as soon as these features are supported. The four wrapping types now supported cover the majority of user scenarios. Although Tight and Through are used rarely, we are very likely to support them in one of the further versions.
Please see the following link for more information:
https://blog.aspose.com/2011/01/10/text-wrapping-around-images-and-shapes-is-about-to-be-released-in-aspose-words-for-net
Also we decided we are not going to implement the Tight and Through text wrapping options right now. We are postponing these features until we catch up on some other planned features. We will get back to decide on Tight and Through later in 2011.
Best regards,

Thanks for your prompt reply Andrey.
Your answer deals with the Tight Left wrap failing.
However, I don’t think it explains why the attached document fails to wrap correctly as the text box on the right uses ‘Square Other’ wrapping (and Square wrapping is supported). Is there some other reason for the text being shifted to the 2nd page?
Thanks
Kev

Hello

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. It seems the reason of the problem is floating TextBox. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.
Best regards,

Thanks Andrey,
Are you able to give me an idea of when this will be fixed please?
Regards
Kevin Shaw

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, currently I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue. Once our developer analyzed the issue I will be able to provide you more information.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4501) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4332;WORDSNET-4333) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

(1)