Pictures Converting to Red X in Word Documents

Hi,

We’ve seen many documents from Microsoft Word convert to PDF with Red X’s in place of the photos. The error seems pretty random and small changes in the file tend to change the results. We’ve seen this before but since switching to Aspose the frequency has gone way up. I’ve attached a document where I was able to reproduce the issue. Is this a known issue?

I’ve attached the source and resulting PDFs.

We are running Aspose.Words for .NET version 10.0.0
Thanks,

Hello
The problem with you document occurs because you are using PICT images. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support rendering of PICT images. And currently we are postponing this feature until we catch up on some other planned features. We will get back to decide on PICT images support upon rendering later in 2011.
Best regards,

This error seems to be more connected to file size. I opened this Word file, clicked “save as” and gave it a new file name. This new file is a smaller size than the original (only 16MB). This new file converts all of the pictures correctly. I attached the new Word file.

We seem to be getting this a lot with large Word files. Could this be connected to conversion time?

Hello
Thanks for your inquiry. As I mentioned you earlier this problem occurs because you are using PICT images inside your document.
After “Save As” all these images were converted to Emf (this type is supported), you can easily check this using the following code:

Document doc = new Document("C:\\Temp\\test_8.doc");
foreach(Shape shape in doc.GetChildNodes(NodeType.Shape, true))
{
    if (shape.HasImage)
        Console.WriteLine(shape.ImageData.ImageType);
}

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4247) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.