Pie chart label alignment issues and issues with graphs in PDF output

Hi,

Please find attached .doc with details of the issues.

1. Text directions in chart which are 270 degrees rotated in source are rendered horizontally.

2. Labels in Pie chart are overlapping and misplaced.

3. X-axis values misplaced in the graphs. Horizontal line seen in graph of output PDF

Thanks

Hi Smitha,

Can you please share the sample presentation along with generated output with us and I will investigate the issue further on my end to reproduce and log the issues in our issue tracking system.

Many Thanks,

PFA - Source documents and the output PDF's.

Some issues are fixed, but still the source and output are not comparable.

X-Axis value now overlap where as in 7.1.1 the values were shifted down.

Output Bar graphs have blank outer border when compared to source.

Thanks,

Satyendra Acharya

Hi Satyendra Acharya,

I have observed the presentation files shared by you and it seems that same presentation file has already been shared by you in Enterprise support forum. I have been able to only observe the issue of Category Axis text getting rendered in two lines for presentation “TextDirection_PPTx.pptx”. For this an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33677 has already been created in our issue tracking system. I have not been able to observe the issue in second presentation. Can you please share the details of issue incurring in the form of snapshot so that I may observe them on my end. I have used Aspose.Slides for Java 7.2.0 on my end.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33677) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

With 7.4.0, I can still see some issue related to the pie chart labels/values of each sectors.

Please see image in which the issues are highlighed. I have also attached the source and output pdf.

Let me know if you neeed anymore details.

Thanks,

Satyendra

Hi Satyendra,

Thank you for sharing the feedback. I have observed the issues shared by you and have been able to reproduce 2 of them during my export to PDF while using Aspose.Slides for Java 7.4.0 in Windows 7 x64 with JDK 1.6 environment. I have also attached the generated PDF and issues image for your kind reference.

I have created an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33918 to further investigate and resolve the issue of improper label rendering. A separate issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33919 has been created to resolve the improper rendering of leader line. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33919;SLIDESJAVA-33918) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(3)

Hi Team,

I am using 8.5.0 aspose slides and observer that there is some issue in SLIDESJAVA-33919 fix.
I have attached source to PDF comparison image. Please check and let me knoe if you need any more details.

Thanks,
Satyendra

Hi Satyendra,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have worked with the presentation file and have been able to reproduce the both issues specified. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-34342 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the improper rendering of category axis data.

A separate issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-34343 has been created to resolve the improper rendering of trend line in the given chart. This thread has been linked with both of issues so that you may be automatically notified once the issues will be resolved.

Secondly, I like share that the issue SLIDESJAVA-33919 deal with improper rendering of pie chart leader lines and have no connection with these issues.

Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

I have attached an updated image comparison for one more issue. This issue I have seen on many document where the x-axis & y-axis points are incorrectly rendered.
Please take a look.

Thanks,
Satyendra

Hi Satyendra,

Please accept my apologies for delayed response. I am investigating the issue on my end and will share the feedback with you shortly in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Satyendra,

I have observed the issue shared and have been able to observe the issue with chart axis point rendering. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-34348 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34343) have been fixed in this update.

(2)

Hi,

SLIDESJAVA-34343 - This issue is not fixed but the output is more worse now.
The trend lines are completely different style. The dashed line is now rendered as just a like the bold line.

Also the string “9-12 mths” on slide 2 has moved down in the output pdf.

PFA - PDF output.

Please test from your side and mark this as a regression.

Thanks,
Satyendra

Hi Satyendra,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you using Aspose.Slides for Java 14.4.0 on my end. I have been able to reproduce the issue trend line and have reopened the ticket SLIDESJAVA-34343 for further investigation The ticket priority has been raised and is marked as regression as well. As far as the chart category axis label, “9-12 mths” rendering is concerned an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-34342 has already been created separately for this. We will share the notification with you as soon as the issue will be resolved.

Hi Satyendra,

I like to add here that issue SLIDESJAVA-34343 was in fact for chart trend lines rendered normal instead of bold. I have added a new ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-34420 as regression to resolve the issue of chart trend line rendering solid instead of dashed. We will share the notification with you as soon as the issue will be resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34420) have been fixed in this update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34342) have been fixed in this update.

(7)