Pivot table data not refreshed correctly

Hi,

I’m having problem where pivot table data not refreshed correctly after saving Excel with Aspose.
Sample Excel file attached. The pivot table is in “FinalREPORT” sheet.

If I open the file in Excel and refresh the pivot table there I’ll get 8 rows.
However if I open the file using Aspose, run full calculation then save it, I only get 1 row.

I have tried Aspose.Cells version 17.2 and version 17.3.6 and both has the same issue.
Please help. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe the issue as per your description and logged it in our database for a fix.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-45274 - Pivot table data is not refreshed correctly

Here is the sample code we used to test this issue. I have also attached the screenshot showing the pivot table issue in output excel file for a reference.

C#
Workbook wb = new Workbook(“PivotNoRefreshYo-Template.xlsx”);

wb.CalculateFormula();

PivotTable pt = wb.Worksheets[“FinalREPORT”].PivotTables[0];
pt.RefreshData();
pt.CalculateData();

wb.Save(“output.xlsx”);

Thanks Shakeel

Hi Shakeel,

Is there a way for me to view the ticket CELLSNET-45274 and get update notification?

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and considering Aspose.Cells.

You can only ask us for an update regarding your ticket and you cannot directly check its status. However, when the issue is marked as resolved in the database, then the link in first post of each thread at the left side under the user id shows Resolved (please see the attached screenshot).

You may ask us for the update regarding your issue after the span of one week time, then we will re-check your issue status from database and update you. We may also log your comment for product team consideration.

Hi,

Thanks for your considering Aspose.Cells.

We are working over your query and we are hopeful, it will be fixed before 4th May, 2017. Once, the fix is available for you, we will provide you a download link of the fix for your testing.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-45274 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.4.2 (attached).

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Thanks Shakeel and Amjad.

No longer seeing the issue when using 17.4.2.0.

Follow-up question on version 17.4.2.0:
I noticed that collection objects - for example WorksheetCollection, PivotTableCollection, ChartCollection etc. - are no longer typed collection.
Is it going to stay that way?
Is it deliberate? May I ask why?

Hi,

The fix we gave you was compiled in .NET 2.0 framework. If I am not mistaken, you actually need a fix compiled in .NET 4.0 framework. We have therefore logged your comment and will provide you .NET 4.0 compiled fix if possible. It should then fix your issue.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the following latest fix

Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.4.2 (.NET 4.0) compiled in .NET Framework 4.0.

and let us know your feedback.

Thanks Shakeel, the .net 4.0 dlls works perfectly fine.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the .NET 4.0 compiled version. Feel free to write us back if you have further comments or questions, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45274) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.5.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Thanks for the notification, much appreciated.

Hi,

We have closed this thread now. If you face any other issue, please feel free to let us know in this thread or in new thread. We will look into it and help you further.