Pivot table gets removed when the source table contains a NOW() function call and an empty cells in neighbouring columns

Hi,

We have found an odd issue with Excel files that have a pivot table and (of course) a regular table where the regular table contains a column that uses the “NOW()” function i.e. “=NOW()”. In cases like this Excel removes the pivot table when the pivot table is refreshed using Aspose.Cells.PivotTable.Refresh() -> re-saved using Aspose.Cells.Workbook.Save() -> and the file opened again through Excel.

This issue does not seem to occur consistently when the input file is created through Excel 2010 but it always happens when the file was created with the use of Aspose.Cells.

I have attached a small project to demonstrate the issue. I also attached two input files; the first “input file from Aspose.Cells.xlsx” which was an output file using Aspose.Cells, and “input file with NOW column.xlsx” which was created through Office Excel 2010.

The first input file will always produce a file that removes the pivot table.
The second one does not always remove the pivot table; we have been able to make the remove message appear in a few occasions when opening the output file by making a cell in the column to the left of the “=NOW()” column empty (but this does not always result on the message appearing) before using it as an input file.

NOTE:
- We are currently using Aspose.Cells 7.5.3.4
- We are aware of Aspose.Cells 7.6.0.1 (the issue seems to still be there).

Hi Sandie-Roy,

Thank you for reporting this problem.

I have executed your sample project with your provided input file (Aspose.Cells generated) while using Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.6.0.1 assemblies. From a total of 5 tries, only once MS Excel 2010 shows the error message as shown in the attached snapshot. I am not sure what is causing this behavior but I am looking into it, and I will soon log an investigation for further evaluation of this matter.

Thank you very much for having a look at the issue.
Please let us know when you figure out what is causing the behavior.

Hi again,

I have logged a ticket (CELLSNET-42084) in our bug tracking system to investigate this issue in more detail, and to correct the behavior (if applicable). I have also attached the ticket to this forum thread for receiving automated notification about the fix or any other updates in this regard. Please spare us little time to properly analyze the problem cause. In mean while we will keep you posted with updates.

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.6.0.5
Your issue is fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42084) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.