Pivot table not resizing enough for some date columns

Hi,

We have just come across this issue with having dates in our pivot tables. For some reason some of the date row labels that are of “Date” types are coming up as “#######” after refreshing the pivot table (which as you know just means that the value cannot fit the cell and that you need to expand the cells to see the value). Fortunately this issue does not seem to be happening when saving a workbook into a PDF file.

I have attached a small project to demonstrate this issue. This project’s code will open an input file “input for pivot table with issue with date.xlsx”, refresh the pivot tables, and saves an xlsx file and a pdf file, both called “generated file” in the same folder as the input file.

If you open the “generated file.xlsx” file you can see that the “Birth Date” column in the pivot table does not fit their cells. As a user, it would save time if I don’t have to re-size pivot table columns every time I open them (unlike regular ListObjects, a pivot table’s column widths are changing dependent on it’s content by the looks of it).

NOTE: I am aware that there is a 7.5.0.5 version of Aspose.Cells.However, we are using version 7.5.0.4 as there is an issue refreshing some of our pivot tables when using 7.5.0.5 and we would rather not have that issue affecting the demonstration of this issue.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We were able to observe this issue using your sample project with the source file. We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41824.

Hi,

We’d like to let you guys know, that this issue issue is actually also in the generate PDF. However instead of the values being “#####” the text value is trimmed off e.g. what should be “This is a value in Row label” appears in PDF as “This is a value in Row lab”.

Note that it does not necessarily cut off the same number of characters but most of the time it’s 1 or 2 characters.

If you cannot reproduce this issue on your side, I will create an input file for you to use when I can spare more time.

Hi,

Please download and use the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.5.2.1

We have checked your issue with the latest version and it generated the correct output xlsx and pdf files.

We have attached the output files for your reference.

If you still find an issue, please provide us your sample project and screenshot replicating this issue with the latest version. We will check it and update you asap.

Hi,

Please try this input file with the project file attached.

See screenshot below:

I also attached the output pdf file.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue using your source file and sample project. The text values are trimmed off. We have logged your comments in our database. We will look into it and resolve this issue. Once, we will have some fix or update for you, we will let you know asap.

We have also attached the output xlsx and pdf files for a reference.

Hi,

Could I get some clarity please, did you meant “Date” values are trimmed off? or do you really mean “Text”. I was sure the dates in the pivot table are set as “Date” type.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

I meant, date values are trimmed off as they are shown in the output pdf.

Hi,

Sorry to be a pain, but could you give me information about progress in this issue please?
I
need to give my manager daily updates on the status of this issue. We would prefer to be able to display information properly in PDF before we could hit our deadline.We’re
aiming to be have a releasable build of our project next week, and we
need to know if this is still a possibility.

Thank you

Hi,

We have checked your issue status from our database. This issue is still in progress. Once, we will have some fix or update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Has there been a development in fixing this issue (doesn’t have to mean fixed; just a step forward)?

Thank you.

Hi,

We are afraid, there is no update for you at this moment. However, we have logged your comment in our database. Once, there is some update or fix for you, we will let you know asap.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41824) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan