Pivot Table save issue

Hello,

We have a problem regarding the saving of a workbook containing a pivot table, the saved excel file is corrupted. Here is the code used to reproduce the issue:

var workbook = new Workbook(@“Pivot.xlsx”);
workbook.Save(@“Pivot2.xlsx”);

Trying to open the output file an error is displayed, as shown in the attached screenshots.
Note, this issue reproduces also for Excel 2003 workbooks.

Thank you,
Bogdan Rusu,
IBM Romania
Hi,

Please download and try the latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.1.2 It works fine as I tested. I used your code with v7.3.1.2 using your template XLSX file. The output file is opened fine with Excel 2007/2010.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response, we will use the latest version to fix this issue.

Regards,
Bogdan Rusu,
IBM Romania.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Please share your feedback once you have done testing. We have closed this thread for now.

In case you find any issue, please feel free to post, we will be glad to help you.

Hi! For xlsx format it is fixed, but not for xls format. Using the same code with the attached xls file you will still see the crash.

Thank you,

Dragos Culea
RefId 39995

Hi,

Thanks for your posting.

We were able to replicate this issue using the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.3.2.4

We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is fixed or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41143.

Below is a sample test code. I have attached the screenshot highlighting the problem for your reference.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\Pivot.xls”;

var workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.xls”);

Screenshot:

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the new template XLS file.

This time, I am able to reproduce the issue using our latest fix v7.3.2.4. MS Excel gives error while opening the generated file into it.

Sample code:
var workbook = new Workbook(@“e:\test2\Pivot.xls”);
workbook.Save(@“e:\test2\Pivot2.xls”);

We have logged your issue into our database. We will look into your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.2.5 and let us know your feedback.