PivotTable CalculateData Throws Out of Memory Error

Calling CalculateData() on a PivotTable will throw an Out of Memory exception in a scenario where it seems it should succeed. For example, it will error on smaller worksheets and render successfully on larger ones.

I have two worksheets in separate workbooks, one with 4300 rows 62 columns (2.5MB xls file) which won’t pivot, and another with 5500 rows 69 columns (3.7MB xls file) that will pivot. The data in these xls files is not identical but very similar, and are generated via an automated process.

Monitoring process memory growth during the pivot I noticed the one that succeeds requires minimal additional memory during the CalculateData call. The failed pivot on the other hand quickly accumulates approximately 8-10 times the RAM before exhausting memory.

I’ve tried several versions of Cells, including 7.5.3

Any ideas appreciated.

Hi,

Please download and try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.3.1. if it makes any difference.

If you still find the issue, kindly provide us a sample console application with v7.5.3.1, zip it and post it here, we will check it soon. Also provide us the template Excel file.

Thank you.