PivotTable.ChangeDataSource causes Unknown Area error

Hello,

This question is for Aspose.Cells v7.4.1.0 for .NET.

I am trying to update the DataSource of a newly created pivot
table to a newly created named range. The call to newPivotTable.ChangeDataSource(new string [] {newRange.Name}) causes the error “Unknown Area”.

I attached a sample project.

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project with template file.

After an initial test, I can find the exception “Unknown Area” by running your project with your template file. I got the error as you have mentioned.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41467” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.
Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We have fixed the issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.1.3 and let us know your feedback.

That fixed the issue - thank you!

I have another related question.

It looks like PivotTable.DataSource does not include the worksheet for named ranges that are scoped to worksheets.

In my attached sample, the Excel file has a range named “Range_Employees” scoped to the worksheet “DataTemplate”. PivotTable.DataSource[0] is “Range_Employees” and not “DataTemplate!Range_Employees”.

This makes it difficult when the same range name is declared on multiple worksheets. I can’t tell from PivotTable.DataSource which is the underlying worksheet.

Hi,

It is good to know your first issue has been fixed.

After initial investigation by running your project, I can notice the exception. We will look into this and resolve it.

Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41497.

Hi,

We have fixed the issue logged as CELLSNET-41497

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.1.4 and let us know your feedback.

That fixed the issue. Thank you!

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are glad to know your issue is fixed with this version. If you encounter any other issue, please feel free to post, we will be happy to help you more.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41467) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan