Pkcs11

Does Aspose support signing PDF documents using PKCS #11 to access keys stored in a hardware security module?

I note that this was logged as a requested feature in 2008 in the related case:
Sign pdf using pcsk

I don’t see any update to the referenced case.

Regards,

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for contacting support.

I am afraid the API currently does not support the feature to sign PDF files using PKCS11 signature files. However the requirement is logged in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-37510.

However the requirement of signing PDF file using Hardware Security Module is logged as PDFNEWNET-36714. We will further look into the details of these requirements and as soon as the features become available, we will let you know. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-36714) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 19.2.

Hi All,

As this is an old topic and I can not find a proper way on how to sign a with hardware token; can someone point me in the right direction for this?
Is it possible now in v21.11 ?

Note: looking for a solution in Java

@StijnVdd

A feature request as PDFNET-50512 has already been logged in our issue tracking system to improve the signature ability of the API. We have linked the feature request with this forum thread so that you will receive a notification as soon as it is implemented. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi @asad.ali,

Thanks for your reply.
I notice NET in the issue key, which for me indicates an issue in the .NET variant of the code.
Can you confirm the JAVA variant will also get the update?
And do you have an indication on the release date as this is a very old issue?

Kind regards.

@StijnVdd

Once a feature is implemented in .NET API, it will also be ported in the equivalent version of the Java API. We are afraid that we cannot share any reliable ETA at the moment as the ticket consists of many sub-tasks that need to be done to implement this feature. It is currently under the analysis phase and as soon as we have some news about its ETA, we will share it with you. Please spare some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi @asad.ali

Thanks for you feedback.
I hope you the actual ETA is in the near future as this topic was raised in November 2015 (!).

I’ll be patient, but I hope it does not take another 6 years :upside_down_face:

@StijnVdd

The topic was originally generated for PKCS11 support which was already added to the API. Since then we have improved the signature ability of the API by adding a feature of signing the PDF using Smart Card. Furthermore, we have been analyzing this feature in more detail to add further enhancements like Hardware Token, Signature tablets, Cloud services, etc. Nevertheless, we will surely inform you once the feature is available. Please spare us some time.