We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Please help! Cannot open Excel workbook containing chart

Hello,

I am having trouble opening an Excel Workbook that contains a chart. Every time i try to open it, i get a value cannot be null error. When i remove the chart from the excel document and load it, i am able to load the document fine.
I am using the latest version of Aspose.Cells (5.1.2).

Essentially, once i have the document loaded, i will be converting it to PDF.

Here is the code snippet i am using:

var converter = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(dataStream, new Aspose.Cells.LoadOptions() { LoadDataOnly = false });

I have also attached the document containing the graph for your reference.

It is very important that we have a resolution for this since we will be need to make a decision on the Aspose product near the end of the week. Please let me know if you require any further information.

Isaac

I noticed that charts are not converted for Word->PDF as well.

If this functionality is not natively supported by Aspose, could you suggest how I could programmatically mimic this behavior?

Thanks,

Isaac

Hi,

Well, I tested your issue with your template file using v5.1.2. If I convert the excel file provided to pdf or even save it as xlsx format, the chart is rendered
but not rendered same as the template file.

I have logged your issue with an id:
CELLSNET-19321. We will fix it soon.
Thank you.

Thanks for your response. Actually, it seems like i attached the wrong template file.

Please refer to the newly attached file to see the issue i am running into. From a package perspective, the only difference i see is the chart parts are stored as part of the drawings part. However, all the references check out and the document is valid.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Isaac

Hi,

Thanks for your newly provided file.

After an initial test, I can find the issue you have mentioned. We will figure it out soon.

We have logged your issue into our issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSNET-19334.

Thank you.

Hi Isaac,

The chart in the attached file contains invalid reference data. For example, the category axis range of nseries[0] is “$C$156:$C$161”which is an invalid formula, it should be "Sheet1!$C$156:$C$161".

So it will not render same as before if open/save by Aspose.Cells. If open the file in Ms Excel 2010, you will see a warning. Please correct the file and try again with the attached version.

Thank,

Hi Salman,

Thank you for your prompt response. I have tried your suggestion, but am still getting the same error:

{“Value cannot be null.\r\nParameter name: entry”}

As per your reference suggestion, i have removed all references from the chart. I am still getting the error.

I am able to open the file correctly in MS Excel 2010 (chart displays correctly even without the references).

I have attached the modified file for your reference. Note that there are no longer any references to the original file.

Thanks again for looking in to this. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Isaac

Hi Issac,

We are working on this issue. This issue has already been logged into our Issue Tracking System with ID CELLSNET-19334. We will update you as soon as it is fixed.

Thanks,

Hi Issac,

The issue has been fixed. Please use the updated version Aspose.Cells5.1.2.2.zip attached with this post.

Thanks,

Hi Salman,

Thank you for resolving the issue so quickly. The solution works as expected.

We’ve been very impressed with your responsiveness in to this matter.

Thanks,

Isaac

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 19334) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.