Please implement ToString() in Cell- Range- Worksheet and etc. classes

Hi,
I’m newbie in Aspose.Cells and now trying to convert our system from Automation to Aspose.Cells

I have some suggestions to Aspose( iwrite them in different posts):

1) Implement ToString method in your API classes - this is a very simple work, but it really helpful during DEBUG.

Example:

public class Cell
{

public override string ToString()
{
return string.Format("{0}{1}; Value({2}): {3}",ColumnAsLetter, Row, Type, Value);
}
}

PS: Please add ColumnAsLetter readonly property to Cell class and may be Address readonly property - it will be helpful in some cases

Hi,

You can use the properties for your required functionalities.

1. cell.Name
  2. cell.R1C1Formula
  3. cell.Row
  4. cell.Column

No you not understand.

My suggestion means implement ToString() in Aspose classes for more usability in DEBUG

When you put variable, for example Aspose.Cells.Cell, to Watch window during debug in Visual Studio you need expand cell properties for watch value and address of the cell.
But if you implement ToString() - you can see main properties, like Address and Value just direct mouse pointer to a variable

Before:

After:

It’s a really simple to implement, but really useful for your customers(like me)

Hi,

Thanks for your images. I have forwarded this to our team. They will look into it and implement it.

We have logged this as a New Feature Request in our issue tracking system.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40027.

Hi,

Please try the latest version/fix v7.0.2.4. We did override ToString method of the Cell,
Range, Worksheet, Name etc.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40027) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.