Png file size big after conversion (pdf to png conversion - Java pdf 9.7.1 jdk16)

Hi!

I converted the attached pdf with your sample code of converting pdf to png. The problem is that the image size size much bigger compared to pdfbox 1.8.8 (see attachments). I used Aspose pdf 9.7.1 jdk16 for Java.

I figured out 2 issues:

1) The Aspose conversion has an alpha channel and I do not know how to disable this.

2) The conversion is anti aliased much (e.g. a line of 2 black pixels do not get a line of 2 black pixels but it gets relatively thick with some gray pixels and this also increase the size)

I think this are possibilities to solve this issue.

By the way also the performance is not that good: About 2 seconds with pdfbox and 3.2 seconds with Aspose.

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi Christoph,

Thanks
for using our API’s.<o:p></o:p>

I have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWJAVA-34710. We will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer,

is there any update on this matter?

thanks
Christoph

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for your patience.

As we recently have been able to notice this issue, and until or
unless we have investigated and have figured out the actual reasons of this
problem, we might not be able to share any timelines by which this problem will
be resolved.<o:p></o:p>

However, as soon as we have made some significant progress towards the resolution of this issue, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.

thanks for the feedback! is there any hint (settings?) or workaround you can provide meantime that will reduce the size of the resulting png’s?

Hi Christoph,

The only workaround to reduce resultant PNG size can be small Resolution value but when using this approach, the quality of image gets dropped. Besides this, unless the investigation has been completed, we cannot share any workaround. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Is there any update on this matter?

Hi Christoph,

The issue is still pending for review and I am afraid its not yet resolved. Also please note that as we recently have been able to notice this issue, and until or
unless we have investigated and have figured out the actual reasons of this
problem, we might not be able to share any timelines by which this problem will
be resolved.

However,
as soon as we have made some significant progress towards the resolution of
this issue, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of
correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. Your patience and
comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard

still no update available?

Is there any update on this issue ? I am facing the same problem.

The error that I come across is :

Shape height cannot be greater than 1584 points.

braintribe:
still no update available?
Hi Christoph,

Due to low priority of this problem, the issue is still pending for review and is not yet resolved.

chand10:
Is there any update on this issue ? I am facing the same problem.
The error that I come across is :

Shape height cannot be greater than 1584 points.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for using our API’s.

Can you please share your sample/resource files causing this problem, so that we can test the conversion in our environment. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi,

a parameter to reduce the file size (e.g. reduce number of colors) would be nice. This would help a lot.
braintribe:
Hi,

a parameter to reduce the file size (e.g. reduce number of colors) would be nice. This would help a lot.
Hi Christoph,

Thanks for sharing the feedback.

The information has been shared with development team and they will either consider introducing some property to reduce the resultant file size or they will make enhancements in API to generate an optimized output. As soon as we have some definite updates, we will let you know.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWJAVA-34710) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 11.2.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.