Polyline

Hi Alexey!

The Polyline doesn’t work correctly. Please see the attachment file.

Dear CAV,

This polyline has extended format of segments. I will add support for that in this month.
Probably new segment types will be added.

Hi Alexey,
I've been told that polilines and Elbow connectors would be added during April, it's a middle of May already.
Can you please give me an approximate date when these features will be implemented, as it's needed to plan a future work.

(see attachment)

Dear CAV,

I will add support for such polylines today or tomorrow.
Connectors were implemented in April.
Could you tell me how to create elbow connectors with only 2 segments like yours?
I mean how to create it in MS PowerPoint XP or 2000.

I use MS PowerPoint 2000.

See attachment with step by step creation of elbow connectors.

Dear CAV,

Headers/Footers, polylines and connectors have been implemented or fixed.
I will publish hot fix today.

Hi Alexey!

How can I work with new polyline types? Now my code is:

Polyline polyline = (Polyline)sh;

int start = 0;

for (int i = 1; i < polyline.Segments.Length-1; i++)

{

switch (polyline.SegmentsIdea)

{

case SegmentType.Line:

gp.AddLine(new System.Drawing.Point(polyline.Points[start].X/resolution, polyline.Points[start++].Y/resolution),

new System.Drawing.Point(polyline.Points[start].X/resolution, polyline.Points[start].Y/resolution));

break;

case SegmentType.Curve:

gp.AddBezier(new System.Drawing.Point(polyline.Points[start].X/resolution, polyline.Points[start++].Y/resolution),

new System.Drawing.Point(polyline.Points[start].X/resolution, polyline.Points[start++].Y/resolution),

new System.Drawing.Point(polyline.Points[start].X/resolution, polyline.Points[start++].Y/resolution),

new System.Drawing.Point(polyline.Points[start].X/resolution, polyline.Points[start].Y/resolution));

break;

}

}

What's wrong in this code? Please explain. What is SegmentType.NewPolygon meant for and how work with it?

(please see the attachment with wrong polyline)

Dear CAV,

Polyline can have several polygons. SegmentType.NewPolygon shows the end of one polygon and start of another one.
Teoretically new polygon must be started from the next point.
But really I didn’t find any presentations with such polylines yet so I can’t tell exactly.

Please check attached pl.cs file. It has part of Polyline.Draw function.
I hope it can help. We don’t process NewPolygon constant yet.

I will check your file.

What’s wrong with polylines in this file?
You mean logo is invisible? Logo is emf with changed colors.
We didn’t implement recolor yet.

Hi Alexey!

We have the following problem:
The file bs.ppt is being converted and the problem is that the blue header of master slide is not converted correctly. The values of polyline.Points are shown at polylines(before).jpg. If we ungroup header objects, group them back and convert for the second time we will receive other (correct) values shown at polylines(after).jpg.

Dear CAV,

Unfortunately coordinates are correct in both ppts.

MS PowerPoint saves all points of polyline before grouping and also coordinates of a group.
So if you moved or resized group after creating then polyline will have old points but new coords of group.

Specially for that we remap polyline’s points.
You can do the same. Please check sources of draw function.
I wouldn’t like to really change coordinates of polylines in ppt
because it can be a source of new problems.

I implemented Recolor property for metafiles.
Hot fix will be published today.

I have tried version 1.8.2 and the grouped objects were converted properly, but version 1.8.3 still works incorrect even with remap implemented. Please check it out.

Dear CAV,

Please check attached thumbnail of your slide (I’ve made light background to show polylines).
Polylines are the same as in MS PowerPoint. It was created with 1.8.3.

Thank you Alexey! I have done polylines with remap function.