Poor performance (speed) converting PDF to Image

Hi,

I’m in the process of evaluating Aspose.Total to replace a number of separate components and office automation, however I am experiencing some serious speed/performance issues when converting/rendering PDF containing single scanned images to PNG or JPEG. Aspose.PDF is taking 5 times longer than the other component I am using (which I suspect is detecting the single image and writing the stream directly). Even when I attempt to do similar by calling the save method of Resources.Images[0] I do not see any performance improvements.

Is there a way I can improve performance or is this something Aspose is looking to improve on?

Unfortunately at the moment I cannot transition to Aspose.PDF as it will introduce too many bottlenecks.

Regards
Trent

Hi Trent,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

Can you please share some sample PDF files so that we can test the scenario at our end. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer,

Sample file attached.

This files takes approx 67 seconds to convert using Aspose.PDF whilst the same conversion with TallComponents PDFRasterizer takes only 14.5 seconds.

This is consistent will all image based PDF files I have tested.

Regards
Trent

Hi Trent,

Thanks for sharing the resource file.

I have tested the scenario and I am able to notice the performance related issue. For the sake of improvement, I have logged it as PDFNEWNET-34666 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-34666) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.9.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.