Poor picture quality when sent from Aspose.Email

Hi

I used Aspose.Email to email an outlook message file. If I send the email to an exchange account it comes out fine. But if I send it to a Gmail/Hotmail account text inside the rectangle changes in to an image but it's in a very bad quality. If I use the same template and send it using Outlook to a Gmail/Hotmail account picture quality is much better.

See the attach pictures for comparisons. I used the code from my ealier post. <a href="https://forum.aspose.com/t/37900</a></font></u></p><p>is there a flag i can set to improve this?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>

Hi Arjuna,

We are afraid for the inconvenience caused.

After an initial testing, I was able to observe the issue when the email is sent to Gmail and viewed in browser. I have logged this issue in our issue tracking system as NETWORKNET-33731 for further investigation by our development team. This thread has been linked with the logged issue and once any work around method or fix is available, you’ll be notified here.

Hi There

is there an update on the fix?

thanks

Hi Arjuna,

I have just checked the status of this issue from our issue tracking system and would like to share with you that this issue has been scheduled to be fixed in the upcoming product release of Aspose.Email for .NET 2.9.0. Once the release is in place, you will be notified automatically via this thread.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWORKNET-33731) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Arjuna,

Development team has thoroughly investigated the issue and I would like to share that situation with email content is not a bug of AE, and especially not a bug in protocol part of AE. Actually the problem is in special format used in this mail. For verification you may convert message in eml (text) format as follows:

string fileName = Path.Combine(TestUtil.GetTestPath(), “TOWER Template.msg”);
MailMessage message = MailMessage.Load(fileName);
string outFileName = Path.Combine(TestUtil.GetTestOutPath(), “TOWER Template.eml”);
message.Save(outFileName, MessageFormat.Eml, MailMessageSaveOptions.None);

This resultant EML file is attached here for your reference. In this file you may see following content:

<w:WordDocument>
<w:SpellingState>Clean</w:SpellingState>
<w:TrackMoves>false</w:TrackMoves>
<w:TrackFormatting/>

It shows that file contains MS Word content. Of course, this content can’t be shown directly, and has to be converted. For instance if this mail is sent through MS Outlook, first MS Outlook converts content of this part of the email to an image, and then sends to the server.

On the other hand if you send this mail through AE, mail is sent as it is, without conversion. In this case conversion is performed on the mail server. Converters which are used by Microsoft and Google have a bit different implementation and as result we may see a bit different appearance of the email on the web and in the MS Outlook.

If you want to see the same appearance on the web and in the MS Outlook, you should use html content for email, not the MS Word.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.