Populate form field values very slow

Hello,

I am currently using Aspose.PDF 18.2.0.0.

I have a pdf that is 70 pages and contains 471 fields and I am trying to assign values to each field but it seems to be very slow.

I tried 2 methods and one is faster than the other but both are very slow. In both cases I have a variable called ‘s’ that is a pdf as a memorystream.

Method 1: (takes 452 seconds to run)
Dim doc As New Aspose.Pdf.Document(s)
For Each formField As Field In doc.Form
formField.Value = “Test”
Next

Method 2: (takes 184 seconds to run)
Dim form As New Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form(s)
For Each formField As String In form.FieldNames
form.FillField(formField, “Test 2”)
Next

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John

@squierj,

Kindly send us your source PDF and the complete code. We will investigate your scenario in our environment and share our findings with you. Your response is awaited.

21st CCLC Application for 2018-2019-RV_3146_LongJos1.pdf (1.4 MB)

PDF Code.zip (730 Bytes)

I have uploaded the pdf and some sample code. The code is a scaled down version of the actual code but the slowness is reproducible with this code. The 2 methods that I mentioned in original comment are in the function “TestAddingFunctions” and I only test one method at a time and just comment out the other.

If you want more information just let me know.

John

@squierj,

We managed to replicate the problem of slow process. It has been logged under the ticket ID PDFNET-44368 in our bug tracking system. We have linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates.

Thank you for looking into it.

Do you have any updates on this?

Thank you.

@squierj,

The linked ticket ID PDFNET-44368 is pending for the analysis and not resolved yet. We will investigate as per the development schedules, and notify you once it is fixed.

Any updates on this?

Thank you.

@squierj

Thank you for getting back to us.

We are afraid PDFNET-44368 has not been resolved owing to some important and critical issues. We have raised its priority to next level while recording your concerns. We appreciate your patience and comprehension in this regard.