Populating Rotated text fields

Hi there, the following describes an issue we are facing using Aspose PDF for .NET. Where the text refers to the sample please see the file Rotation_Test_TEXT_Utility_out.pdf in the attached files.

We are facing an issue whereby the text anchor position appears to be being lost for text that is rotated. Our specific application uses template PDF documents which are populated at runtime with the required text. This works fine with a variety of fonts (types, sizes etc.) when in normal use (see the Normal section at the top of the sample) . However when we rotate the fields on the template without doing anything else, the text appears to shrink (see Rotated section in sample). This suggested to us that the text had transposed the X & Y scale and was shrinking to fit. So we used a much larger square text label so X & Y are the same. This now displays the text at the appropriate size (see rightmost text in Rotated section in the Sample). However the position of the text is centred. We need to place this at the edge of a document which is not possible. We have tried forcing formatting on the template, but every time this is ignored and the text remains centred (See BoxLeftTop through to BoxRightMiddle on Sample).

I have attached sample examples of a template PDF (Rotation_Test_TEXT_Utility.pdf), and a populated version of this (Rotation_Test_TEXT_Utility_out.pdf).

We have tested this using 8.1.0 dlls although our production system is using an older version

Hi Phil,

Sorry for the inconvenience faced. I've managed to reproduce the reported issue on my side and logged the issue in our bug tracking system for further investigation and resolution, the issue id is PDFNEWNET-35480. I've also linked your request to this issue and you will be notified via this thread as soon as it is resolved.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:
EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>Best Regards,

Thanks for looking at this, I don't suppose there's any chance of an ETA on a fix, the business users would like to get some idea. Thanks.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your inquiry. I’m afraid the reported issue is pending for analysis in the queue with other priority tasks. We will be in a good position to share an ETA as soon as its investigation completes. However, I’ve requested the development team to share an ETA at their earliest. We will keep you updated about issue progress via this forum thread.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,