Portion with symbol

Hi,

In the attached presentation, I have a paragraph containing one symbol and then some text. When I access this paragraphs’ portions via code, symbol and the text are in the same portion. I cannot differentiate between fonts of the symbol and the text. It returns “Wingdings” for this portion, but the text is written in Calibri font.

Should the symbol and the text be in separate portions?

Here’s the code I used:

String presentationPath = “SpecialCharTest.ppt”;

InputStream inputStream = new FileInputStream(presentationPath);

Presentation presentation = new Presentation(inputStream);

ISlide slide = presentation.getSlides().get_Item(0);

IAutoShape shape = (IAutoShape) slide.getShapes().get_Item(0);

IParagraph paragraph = shape.getTextFrame().getParagraphs().get_Item(0);

IPortion portion = paragraph.getPortions().get_Item(0);

System.out.println(portion.getText());
System.out.println(portion.getPortionFormat().getSymbolFont().getFontName());

Output:
ictory
Wingdings

Can you check this?

Thanks,
Zeljko

Hi Zeljko,

Thank you for posting.

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that I am discussing this with our product team and I will get back to you with our findings soon. We appreciate your patience in this regard.

Best Regards,
Hi Zeljko,

I would like to share with you that, a ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-35245 has been logged in our issue management system for further investigation and resolution of this issue.This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified automatically as soon as the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-35245) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi, I can still reproduce this issue with Aspose.Slides 16.2.0. Can you check it again?

Thanks,
Zeljko

Hi Zeljko,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I have observed your comments and like to request you to please try using following sample code on your end to serve the purpose and then share your kind feedback with us.

Presentation p = new Presentation(“SpecialCharTest.ppt”);		
ISlide slide = p.getSlides().get_Item(0);
IAutoShape shape = (IAutoShape) slide.getShapes().get_Item(0);
IParagraph paragraph = shape.getTextFrame().getParagraphs().get_Item(0);
IPortion portion = paragraph.getPortions().get_Item(0);
IPortionFormatEffectiveData portEffect = portion.createPortionFormatEffective();
System.out.println(portion.getText());
System.out.println(portEffect.getSymbolFont().getFontName());
System.out.println(portEffect.getLatinFont().getFontName());

I hope this will be helpful. Please share if I may help you further in this regard.

Best Regards,