Positioning issue while rendering the contents of PPT to HTML

Hello,

I am evaluating the Aspose.slides for java. Here I am trying to generate the HTML representation of PPT.

While doing this I retrieved the coordinates(top, left, height, width) of the objects present on PPT by using the APIs provided by aspose.slides. I am using these coordinates to generate the DIV element on the HTML and putting that particular object in that particular DIV on the HTML .

But the problem here is that the DIV element generated with these coordinates vary in shapes. I mean the DIV elements is getting generated with width very large as compared to the width of corresponding object on the PPT. Same is the case for height, left and top.

Please help me to generate the HTML which should be in proportion with the PPT.

If there any ratio for converting the PPT coordinates to HTML-DIV coordinate then please provide it

Thanks-
Rahul

Dear Rahul,

I regret to share with you that Aspose.Slides for Java does not directly support converting the PPT to web page. However, We have OEM customer, who offer product with such functionality based on Aspose.Slides. I suggest you to use a third party solution EDGARizer. Please find more details about the product (http://www.edgarfilings.com/products/EDGAR_software/default.aspx) and may consult them. Hopefully, it may resolve the issue specified.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for letting me know about EDGARize.

I know there is no direct support in Aspose.slides for converting PPT to HTML. What we are trying is to retrieve the details about objects present on PPT and then trying to generate HTML using those details.

The problem is when I am retrieving the width of shapes present on the PPT by using Aspose.slides then it gives some value. But I don’t know the unit of this value (whether it is in Pixcell, mm or cm) . Also when I am retrieving the offset of the object then with respect to what it is calculated etc.

Once I come to know about these things, I would be able to find out some ratio required to convert these objects to be suitable for HTML

Thanks-
Rahul

Dear Rahul,

The shape inside presentation are measured by pixel and the unit used is 576 pixels per inch. You may please find further details over this thread link. Please share with us, if you still have any related queries.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

Thank you very much for providing the relation between pixels and inch. This relation has solved my problem of positioning the shapes properly on the HTML.

Thanks-
Rahul