Possibility for detection of unsupported feature(s) in word document?

We understand that you are working hard to tackle the huge list of features which are required to accurately render MSWord documents of all shapes and sizes and that such an ambitious undertaking will take time to complete. Until the vast majority of features are supported however, we will continue to see some of our users alert us that their documents did not render as expected.

As a stop-gap measure I want to throw out an idea to have your API support a validation check which would report any unsupported items found in a document, and their location (if applicable). If we could see ahead of time that a document will not render accurately due to containing drop caps, “tight” or “through” wrapping styles, etc then we could proactively message our users about what alterations they could make to their document. This seems like it could be a useful feature for everyone. We would be able to shorten the feedback loop to our users about why their documents did not render as expected and you could see less redundant support tickets for currently unsupported features.

Hi
Thank you for your suggestion. I logged it into our defect database. We will consider adding such feature.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4955) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Can you provide details on how this issue was resolved? I skimmed through the API documentation and nothing jumped out at me as a way to check for unsupported features. Thank you.

Hi
Thanks for your request. You can implement IWarnigCallback to catch issues upon loading or saving documents:
https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words/documentbase/warningcallback/
Please let us know if you need more assistance, we are always glad to help you.
Best regards,