Power BI Report Server Compatibility

Does Aspose.Words version 19.8 support Power BI Report Server? I saw a topic about Aspose.Slides not being compatible, and I wanted to check on Aspose.Words just in case it is different. I installed the trial, restarted the service, and confirmed that the rsreportserver.config was updated, but the options do not appear in the portal.

Thank you for your assistance.

@jsaffo

We have logged this feature request as WORDSRS-278 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Does that mean it does not work with “Power BI Report Server”? I was looking into custom extensions, and it seems that both Power BI Report Server and standard Reporting Services both use the same IRenderingExtension interface. They should be cross-compatible. Here is the error I am receiving in the ReportingServiceService log:

ERROR: Exception caught instantiating AWRTF report server extension: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly ‘Aspose.Words.ReportingServices’ or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Is that some other issue that we are experiencing, like a 32-bit/64-bit issue?

Thank you again for your assistance.

@jsaffo

Yes, Aspose.Words for Reporting Services does not support Power BI Report Server. We will check our product for Power BI Report Server and let you know about it. We apologize for your inconvenience.

A post was split to a new topic: Support for Power BI Report Server