Powerpoint 2010 and Protected View

Using Slides version 4.1.1.0. Powerpoint 2010 will now only open files in Protected View and will not allow editing or saving.

Please advise if this is a known issue in 4.1.1.0. I imagine your first suggestion is going to be to upgrade to the latest version but figured I’d ask to see if the latest version is known to work with Powerpoint 2010.

I am not able to attach any source files as they are generated with proprietary data in them.

I downloaded the trial version of 7.8.0 and used it to generate my report but it still is only opening in Protected View when using Powerpoint 2010.

I attached my code files but cannot attach the source as the data that is used to generate it is proprietary.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for sharing the sample code. I have observed the sample code and unfortunately cannot use that as it is fetching some data from your database I guess. Secondly, in order to investigate and resolve the issue I need the source presentation and generated presentations. Please share a sample application with us that is reproducing the issue on your end and that I can also use in my environment to reproduce as well. I am making this thread as private so that you can share the requested sample data with us.

Many Thanks,

Mudassir,

I stripped out all the database calls and generated some sample reports with dummy information. I ran against both 4.4.1 and 7.8 and the reports still will only open in Protected View when using Powerpoint 2010. They both open fine in Powerpoint 2007. I have attached the stripped down sample code along with a source presentation, a template and two results files. One for Slides Version 4.4.1 and one for version 7.8. You should be able to run the sample code.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for sharing the requested information. I have observed the generated presentation and have observed the Protected view message in PowerPoint 2010. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-34650 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-34650) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(1)