PowerPoint 2010 Protected View Red Bar for Trial Version?

I am currently generating .PPT test files with the trial version of Slides for Java...

Is it NORMAL to be seeing this Protected View Red Bar in PowerPoint 2010?

I do NOT see anything like this when I open the .PPT test file in PowerPoint 2003 or 2007...

Is this a bug that exists in the Licensed version?

I have already purchased the Licensed version, but my coder has not yet activated it...

Just wondering if this is a normal problem with Office 2010?

Thanks for your prompt response!

bb

Hi William,

I have observed the snapshot shared by you. I would like to share that you may please use Aspose.Slides for Java 2.4.0. It is the latest version of product at the moment. Please also share the source presentation with us along with possible code snippet that you are using with source presentation, so that we may reproduce and resolve the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Hello Mudassir:

I have asked my developer to confirm that the latest version of Aspose for Java is installed, and that my license is activated...

I will run another test to see if the problem persists under those conditions.

I will update you as soon as I conduct test.

Thanks for your assistance,

billy

Hello Mudassir:

1. We have updated to the latest Java Code

2. We have activated the license

PowerPoint 2010 has Trouble recognizing the .PPT and .PPTX files we generate with our code.

This is what I did to test the process:

A. I built a Test .PPT file and a Test .PPTX file on server from "CLONED" slides from other PPT and PPTX files.

B. The saved files were stored on my server. and I downloaded and opened each file in PowerPoint 2007 and PowerPoint 2003. Both Files OPENED FINE with no problems...

C. I then downloaded the Test PPT and PPTX files and opened them with PowerPoint 2010.

D. The Attached Screenshots show you what I see when I open each in PowerPoint 2010.

E. I disabled "Trust Settings" in PowerPoint 2010.

Is Aspose.Slides.Java not yet fully compatible with PowerPoint 2010?

Dear Billy,

I have observed the issue shared in the PDF file. In order to investigate and resolve the issue, I request you to please share the source presentations along with code snippet. Secondly, an issue with ID 22265 has already been created in our issue tracking system to resolve the issue of error message “PowerPoint found content in presentation that it did not understand” for PPTX file**.** I have associated this thread with mentioned issue but I would still request you to please share the PPTX and PPT files. The support for PowerPoint 2010 is available for both PPTX and PPT presentations. We are also continuously improving our product based on customer feedbacks.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

I have the files I need to send you a download link....

Please email me a secure email address and I will send you the source powerpoint files and the code snippet.

Thanks

billy

Hi Billy,

You may please follow the guidelines mentioned here to share the mentioned presentation and code snippet with us. Please notify us in the forum, when you have shared the data via private message.

Thanks and Regards,

Thanks!

Just sent the Zip file to you as an attachment.

let me know how testing goes...

Hi Billy,

I have received the presentation data from your side and will commence work on that shortly. I will update you with my findings ASAP.

Thanks and Regards,

We are also seeing the red “Protected View” bar in PowerPoint 2010 when opening PPT files generated by Aspose.Slides .NET version 4.4.0. It appears that a similar issue was recently fixed in Aspose.Cells. Hopefully a similar fix can be applied here!

Thanks!
-Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the shared suggestion as we get reference from it for issue resolution.Our development team is working on the issue and as soon as the issue is resolved, we will be obliged to share the information with you.

Thanks and Regards,