I do love your product. But I have encounter a problem. I do have an asp.net application that opens a Powerpoint with 1 slide. This slide is cloned many times and populated with data from the database. After that user downloads the presentation. Everything works great till the user opens the presentation and starts making text changes to the slides. The slides are quite simple, 1 image and bunch of tables and textboxes. After the user makes changes, then he clicks save, he is presented with error “PowerPoint found an error that it cannot correct. Please save your presentation and quit your application”. This error happens only for users with Powerpoint 2000. PPT 2003 is fine. Upgrading to PPT 2003 is not an option unfortunately.
The greater the number of slides (10+) and more edits, the greater probability of getting this error.
I went to Microsoft with a request, they did not like the fact I do server-side automation on PowerPoint and since I am using 3rd party tool, they were reluctant to help.
Have you seen this error? Are you supporting Powerpoint 2000 with aspose.Powerpoint? Do you have any suggestions?
I am attaching the Powerpoint that I am using as a starting point to generate my presentation.
Thank you very much for your help,
Yes, we support PowerPoint 2000-2003 but sometimes have problems with PP2000.
It would be great and will help a lot if you can send me also real presentation where PP2000 throws error.
Thank you for your prompt response.
Here is the presentation that throws an error in Powerpoint 2000. Open the presentation in Powerpoint 2000 and make several text changes and click save. Sometimes you don’t even have to click save for the error to show up. 20 text changes should be sufficient to produce the error.
Thank you very much,
Did you have a chance to look into the presentation? Any luck?
I tested your presentations and also had similar problem with another customer.
At first, try to update Aspose.PowerPoint. Please download and install 1.8.6 hot fix.
I did install the last hotfix and now most of my objects, that were tables on the template got modified and are rectangles with textboxes in them. Is this a bug? I commented out the code that does the populating of the tables with the data from the database and no change. Then I commented out most of the code and left only code for opening the powerpoint in the aspose.powerpoint and saving the presentation as a different file. My objects are changed. I have been experimenting and trying to find some consistencies with what objects get modified and cannot find any consistencies. Usually when I have more than 1 table on a slide, I am guaranteed that at least 1 table object will be a textbox or a rectangle. There is no intermediate code I am running, except :
open presentation and save presentation as a different filename.
I am not sure if the Powerpoint error I asked about originally has to do something with the fact the objects are being modified, but seems to me I am taking 2 steps back with installing the new hotfix.
This problem with converting tables to rectangles with text and lines existed only in 1.8.8 and
1.8.9 hot fixes when we added read/write support for Tags. We fixed it in 1.8.10.
I tested Aspose.PowerPoint with tables a lot yesterday and didn’t find any visible problems.