Generating Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation from Website URL in C#

Hello,

Currently we have a tool that converts a website to a PDF file, simply by defining the url. Then it accepts all HTML (display:none to hide, page-break-after:always to create multiple pages, etc…) to generate the PDF file.

Now our client want to generate a PowerPoint file from the same website. Looking through your examples and documentation, I found no clear solution. Only to AddFromHtml with simple HTML. No external styling and resources seems to be support, like StyleSheet and images.

Is this correct or is there a solution?

I hope what I have requested is possible.

Hi,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your requirements for creating a presentation from HTML pages. I regret to share that at present there is limited support for importing HTML text inside slide’s shape text frame available in API. The support for importing complete HTML to presentation involves a lot of thing which include charts, tables, images and many other styling tags, which are currently not supported. You are right in your point that at present only HTML text import support is available in Aspose.Slides.

We already have some issues added in our issue tracking system to provide support for importing different other elements of HTML. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-37059 has been added to provide support for import of HTML table in slides. A separate issue with ID SLIDESNET-36736 has been added to provide support for importing Google charts from HTML to slide. I have also linked these issues with this thread so that you may receive automatic notification once support will be available.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-37059) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 23.7 (ZIP, MSI).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.