Powerpoint ppt to ODP

Hello, I am trying to export a ppt to odp format with the following code in .net.

Dim pres As New Aspose.Slides.Presentation(“powerpoint.ppt”)
pres.Save(“powerpoint.odp”, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Odp)

I get an exception that says the following:

Aspose.Slides.PptException: This export format is not implemented for PPT yet.

Am I using the wrong code or is this still true that I cannot save or convert a powerpoint
to an opendocument presentation. Also does this apply to PPTX to ODP too?

Thanks for your time!

Hi Richard,

I have observed the requirements shared by you and request you to please share the sample presentation with us. Please also share that which version of Aspose.Slides you are using on your end to reproduce the issue. I will be able to help you further in this regard on provision of requested information.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

I have attached the powerpoint.ppt file. The version I am using is Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.0, file version 7.3.1.0, product version 2013.04.12.

Thanks,
Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,

I like to share that the the support for working with ODP format is available in PresentationEx class. You need to access the PPT using PresentationEx class and save that as ODP. Please use the following sample code on your end to serve the purpose. Please try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 8.2.0 on your end in this regard.

PresentationEx pres=new PresentationEx(path+“powerpoint.ppt”);
pres.Save(path+“testODP.odp”,SaveFormat.Odp);

Many Thanks,
Hi Mudassir,

I tried the code with the .NET 8.2.0 assembly as you outlined and ran into varying exceptions. I am attaching a zip file that contains the files and an excel file of the filename and the corresponding exception. In addition, most of the presentations that do not throw an exception during export/conversion, do show a message about the file needing to be repaired when I open in Microsoft Powerpoint. USDAFoodsUpdate.pptx is an example of this.

Thanks for the help!

Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,

Thanks for sharing the detailed sample presentations with us. I have worked with the presentation files shared by you using Aspose.Slides for .NET 8.4.0 on my end. I have been able to observe four types of issues on my end with shared deck of presentations.

An issue with ID SLIDESNET-35120 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the XMLException issue with presentations 2005USDA.ppt, Department-of-Commerce-Clean-Energy-080813.pptx and hbv_epidemiology.pptx on saving to ODP .

An issue with ID SLIDESNET-35121 has been created in our issue
tracking system to investigate and resolve the InvalidCastException issue with
presentation AspNet7564.pptx on saving to ODP.

An issue with ID SLIDESNET-35122 has been created in our issue
tracking system to investigate and resolve the NullReferenceException issue with
presentations CDC_Healthy_Communities.ppt and Education.ppt on saving to ODP.

An issue with ID SLIDESNET-35123 has been created in our issue
tracking system to investigate and resolve the presentation reapair message issue for generated Generated_USDAFoodsUpdate.pptx.odp presentation .

This thread has been linked with the issues so that you may be automatically notified once the issues will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi, I was checking in to see what the status of these issues are. Have any of these been resolved? Thanks for your time. Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that the issue shared have not yet been resolved and pending for investigation. Our development team will schedule the issue on its due turn. I will be able to share the feedback with you as soon as it will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-35122) have been fixed in this update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-35121,SLIDESNET-35120,SLIDESNET-35123) have been fixed in this update.