Powerpoint renders differently on different machines

We are using aspose cells to generate a power point presentation from several excel workbooks.

We are having an issue with the rendered result of the power point presentation. The powerpoint file renders differently on each developers PC. On some developer's PCs, the workbook looks fine and on other developer's PCs, the workbooks are chopped off on the right edge and bottom.

I thought that the problem may be the actual excel workbook itself, but if you take a power point presentation from a PC that didn't render it correctly, and open the actual excel file that had the problem, and then print the excel page, it prints fine in excel.

All of us should have similiar OS, printer driver, and the hardware should be close.

Can anyone provide any insight on what factors contribute to "differences" in the way a power point presentation is rendered from excel and or possible ways we can remedy this?

Thanks,
CR

Hi,

I am not sure about the issue and how do you use Aspose.Cells to generate powerpoint presenation from Excel spreadsheets? Do you take image using Aspose.Cells product and then use Aspose.Slides or your own code to paste it on powerpoint slide? Also, you might be using Aspose.Slides to set the Excel workbook as Ole Object on the ppt slide or so.

thank you.

to generate the image, i believe it is using the sheetrender object in aspose.cells, making the the following call: sheetRender.ToImage(i). If I look at the image generated by this call, it is cut off.

Hi,

Please try our latest fixed version: v7.0.2.2, if it works fine.

If you still find the issue regarding generated image for SheetRender API, kindly provide your template Excel file, we need to check/test your issue.

Thank you.

I downloaded and tested using the dll you provided. I still get the same issue. To narrow down the possibility of other factors, I did the following to keep it simple:

1. I started with a new excel file and typed text across 16 columns.
2. Highlight all of the text on the page, and clicked "set print area"
3. Set the width to "1 page"
4. Set the height to "1 page"
5. Clicked print preview. result = the document shows all of the columns

6. Ran the following code:

Aspose.Cells.Workbook Workbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(@"C:\TEMP\12test.xlsx");
String suffix = ".png";
ImageOrPrintOptions ImageOrPrintOptions = new ImageOrPrintOptions();
ImageOrPrintOptions.ImageFormat = System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Png;
Aspose.Cells.Rendering.SheetRender sheetRender;
foreach (Aspose.Cells.Worksheet WorksheetTmp in Workbook.Worksheets)
{
sheetRender = new Aspose.Cells.Rendering.SheetRender(WorksheetTmp, ImageOrPrintOptions);
for (int i = 0; i < sheetRender.PageCount; i++)
{
sheetRender.ToImage(i, @"C:\TEMP\test" + suffix);
}
}
return;

7. The result was the attached image. Note that the last column was cut off on the right.

Hi,

Please set ImageOrPrintOptions.OnePagePerSheet = true and see the results.

Please see the code below and the output image. I have used the latest:
Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.2.2

C#

string path = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\12test.xlsx”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(path);

Worksheet worksheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];

//Apply different Image / Print options.

Aspose.Cells.Rendering.ImageOrPrintOptions options = new Aspose.Cells.Rendering.ImageOrPrintOptions();

options.OnePagePerSheet = true;

//Uncomment it to print only this range

// worksheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = “A1:P30”;

SheetRender sr = new SheetRender(worksheet, options);

Bitmap bitmap = sr.ToImage(0);

bitmap.Save(path + “.out.jpg”, ImageFormat.Jpeg);

Output Image:

Thanks for the suggestion. I still get pretty much the same thing. the right side is cut off. I verified that I am using that version of Apose.Cells. file version 7.0.2.2

1st i ran your code (below) without as is and that produced the attached file: 12test.xlxs.out.jpg

string path = @"C:\TEMP\12test.xlsx";
Aspose.Cells.Rendering.ImageOrPrintOptions options = new Aspose.Cells.Rendering.ImageOrPrintOptions();
//worksheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "A1:P30";
bitmap.Save(path + ".out.jpg", ImageFormat.Jpeg);
return;

I then uncommented the printarea line you mentioned (see code below) to see if that would make any difference... and that created the attached file: 12test.xlsx.out.withPrintAreaDefinedAs_A1_P30.jpg

string path = @"C:\TEMP\12test.xlsx";
worksheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "A1:P30";
bitmap.Save(path + ".out.jpg", ImageFormat.Jpeg);
return;

As I mentioned before, this same code will work fine on other developers PCs. We have a mix of developers. Several machines work fine, and several other machines cut the image off on the right side. We are all running HP laptops.

Hi,

It’s wiered that you are still getting this issue. Please make sure your references to dll are correct and you are not referring to old dll mistakenly.

Please delete/uninstall old Aspose.Cells dll from GAC too. Also let us know your system environment and .NET framework.

Let us know if you are using ClientProfile version of .NET framework?

In the attached picture, you can see I added some code that does reflection... to determine what version of aspose.cells is loaded into memory. This code new runs before the previous code we tried. It shows 7.0.2.2.

With your new aspose version, some of our other excel files are now bolding certain areas correctly, but that still doesn't solve this problem, where the right side is cut off.

I've attached screen shots of the version of visual studio, and excel as well.

Thanks.

windows version