Powerpoint to HTML conversion issues

Hi,

We are facing some font related issue while converting ppt to HTML5.

This issue is specific to Chrome (latest version) - letter are getting sqeezed.

We feel there is some issue with TextLength for elements. If we increase the textlength in generated HTML, it shows the text properly.

Attaching the sample slides and screenshot for the HTML

First slide check the word - prn
second slide - see numbers inside tablehtml5fontsqeezing.zip (293.2 KB)

@bhamini.lele,

I have worked with source file shared by you using Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.9 and unable to observe any issue. I have also shared my generated result with you for your kind reference. Can you please share which Aspose.Slides version you are using on your end. Also please share environment details and source code so that we may further investigate to help you out.demo_out.zip (95.7 KB)

This issue was resolved in previous version(17.9.1) but now in the latest version(17.10) again we see this issue. Issue can be seen only with chrome browser.

@bhamini.lele,

I have worked with sample presentation and have been able to observe the issue you described. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-39466 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with issue so that you may be automatically notified once issue will be fixed.

From last three builds i see lots of regressions happening and no action is being taken. This is very frustrating as this is causing issues with our product making it unstable. Rendering issue with superscript/subscript in chrome which was fixed in 17.9.1 is reproducible with 17.10 and 17.11. Italic issue was fixed but it causing rendering issue on iOS specifically when using bullets. See last bullet in the screenshot attached(“s” from previous bullet text before bullet number and also text “of” overlapping.screenshots ipad.zip (253.0 KB)

@bhamini.lele,

I have observed your comments and requested our product team to resolve issues as soon as possible. Can you please source presentation for issue you shared in your last reply so that we can further investigate to help you out. I like to inform that i have also increase issue priority from medium to high to help you out.

PublisherIssuesLatest.zip (77.1 KB)

Attaching ppt requested. Note that if you remove italic formatting and color for the text it renders properly

@bhamini.lele,

I have worked with presentation file shared by you using Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.11 and have been able to observe the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-39597 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with issue so that you may be automatically notified once issue will be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-39466) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.12. Please try using the latest release version and in case you experience any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-39597) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by mudassir.fayyaz

Today i updated Aspose slides version to 18.2.1 and again found regression with Superscript and Subscript. Now it is breaking in Android(I have not checked with other OS). Please find attached herewith screenshots for the same. NO space in Superscript see text - 22nd and extra space after subscript see text H21O. SuperscriptSubscriptIssue1.jpeg (80.0 KB)
SuperscriptSubscriptIssue2.jpeg (78.6 KB)

This is very frustrating, with every new build there is some or the other regression which breaks existing functionality.

Please look into this ASAP.

@bhamini.lele,

I have observed your comments. Can you please share source files along with sample code so that we can further investigate to help you out.

Here is the code used to convert ppt to HTML using aspose

using (Aspose.Slides.Presentation presentation = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation(pptPath))
{
Aspose.Slides.Export.HtmlOptions htmlOptions = new Aspose.Slides.Export.HtmlOptions();
htmlOptions.HtmlFormatter = Aspose.Slides.Export.HtmlFormatter.CreateCustomFormatter(new CustomFormattingController());
for (int i = 0; i < presentation.Slides.Count; i++)
{
string destpath = Path.Combine(bundlePath, (i + 1).ToString()) + “.html”;
presentation.Save(destpath, new int[] { i + 1 }, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Html, htmlOptions);
}
}

Also attaching sample ppt slide as requested
test.zip (44.9 KB)

@bhamini.lele,

I have worked with the presentation shared by you using Aspose.Slides for .NET 18.2 and have been able to observe the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-39964 has been added in our issue tracking system to resolve the issue. This thread has been associated with the ticket so that we share notification with you once issue will be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-38606,SLIDESNET-38601) have been fixed in this update.