PPT Charts not showing in PDF conversion with Azure Websites

We have an application this is using Aspose.Slides version 7.9. The application loads a ppt template and updates excel data tables in the ppt and then saves the ppt to a pdf file. The resulting pdf does not contain the charts (but the tables exist).

This works on my local development machine without problems. But when it is deployed to an Azure Website, no charts exist in the pdf. If I export the ppt without converting to a pdf, then the tables and charts are visible and contain the updated data. So it is only the conersion to a pdf that is causing the problem.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi John,

Thank you for the details.

Please share your sample application with input and output file with us. We will further check it and get back to you soon.

Thanks & Regards,

Attached is a sample ASP.NET website that shows the problem. When run locally, it works as expected. When I deploy it to an Azure website, it does not generate the PDF correctly.

I have also attached the template file that we start with and the file generated from the Azure website.

Hi John,

Thank you for the feedback.

An issue has been registered in our issue tracking system for further investigation of your reported issue with id: SLIDESNET-35700. We will further check your issue as per the environment details shared by you and will get back to you.

Thanks & Regards,

How can I track progress for the issue tracking Id of SLIDESNET-35700?

Hi John,

I am afraid, this is our internal issue tracking system and customers don’t have access to this. However, we will keep you posted regarding any changes to the status and will notify you once the issue gets resolved.

Thanks & Regards,

Can you please provide me with some kind of a time estimate for when this issue will be looked at or resolved. I have production code that is not working. I will be forced to remove the Aspose library and find an inferior solution if I do not hear something soon.

Please help!

Hi John,

I checked the status of your reported issue in our issue tracking system and regret to share that your issue is still pending for investigation. I have requested the development team to share an ETA once the investigation is done. We will update you once we have any feedback from the development team.

Thanks & Regards,

I need resolution on this! Your product is not cheap, I expect better than this. Your support is terrible.

I have seen other posts on the forums with similar problems. You must know about this issue. Can you please address this with a meaningful response? I am afraid to use your products on any other projects for fear that when something does not work, you will not stand behind your product.

Am I being unreasonable?

Hi John,

Please accept our apologies for the delay in response.

Our development team has already scheduled this issue for investigation for this week and will test the issue with the latest released version of Aspose.Slides for .NET v14.8.0. As soon as they share any feedback with me regarding the issue, I will share the information with you. Actually, the delay has been caused due to the scheduling of other priority support issues. We will keep you posted regarding the progress.

Thanks & Regards,

You indicated that you would be investigating this issue during the week of 10/21. Can you provide me with any further details about an estimated time to fix?

Thanks.

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We are still unable to reproduce your issue. I would request you to share a test Azure account with us which you are using to help us reproduce the issue and further investigate the issue. This will help in reproducing the issue soon. You can provide the details in this forum thread by making it private using “Keep this post as private” checkbox while replying to the post.

Thank you for your support in advance regarding resolving your reported issue.

Hi John,

Our product team has installed Azure SDK .NET for VS 2013 and performed testing on your application. The issue has been not reproduced. Can the you please reproduce issue in your local environment with Azure SDK? Please share your feedback with us in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Please read my previous posts before trying to troubleshoot this issue.

As stated, the conversion of PowerPoint to PDF works correctly on my local development machine. The problem only occurs for a website deployed to an Azure Website.

Can you please have your product team deploy the sample I provided to a free Azure website to see the problem.

Hi John,

Thank you for sharing the information with us. I have share the information with our product team and will get back to you as soon as further response will be shared by our product team.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-35700) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by mudassir.fayyaz