PPT files are being corrupted by Aspose

Here is some very basic code to demonstrate the bug:

Presentation ppt = new Presentation(“sample.ppt”);
ppt.Save(“result.ppt”, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Ppt);

As you can see, I’m simply opening an existing PowerPoint presentation, and saving it. Nothing else is being done. The “result.ppt” file is corrupted.

The issue appears to be with the (nested) tables in the PPT file. If the table is broken up, everything works as expected.

The “sample.ppt” file is attached. We do have a workaround by breaking up the tables, but this is not desirable, as it makes the files harder to maintain/edit.

Dear Filip,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have been able to successfully save and open the generated file using Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.4.3. You may please download the mentioned version from https://apps.banckle.com/file/f/?n=L3Jldmlldy9maWxlL2Rvd25sb2FkL211ZGFzc2lyLmZheXlhekBhc3Bvc2UuY29tL0FzcG9zZS5TbGlkZXMuNC40LjJfJTI4Q2VsbHMlMkI1LjIuMCUyOS56aXA=. For your kind reference, I have also attached the generated presentation.

Thanks and Regards,

Mudassir -

I have downloaded the file but I'm still seeing the error. Your file contained two DLLs, and I only used the 32-bit version, so I can't really comment on whether the 64 bit works. However, I get the following error with the 32-bit dll:

PowerPoint was unable to display some of the text, images, or objects on slides in the file, "result.ppt", because they have become corrupted. Affected slides have been replaced by blank slides in the presentation and it is not possible to recover the lost information. To ensure that the file can be opened in previous versions of PowerPoint, use the Save As command (File menu) and save the file with either the same or a new name.

I also attached a ZIP of the project I'm working on that demonstrates the error. There's really only two lines of code here. Also, I am working with PowerPoint 2007 (12.0.6535.5002) SP2.

Dear Filip,

I have worked with the project code and source presentation shared by you using Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.4.3 and have been able to successfully open the generated PPTX in PowerPoint 2007 SP2 (12.0.6425.1000). I suggest you to please try upgrading the PowerPoint 2007. For your kind reference, I have also attached the snapshot of generated presentation.

Thanks and Regards,

Mudassir -

We have found that this issue seems to exist with the latest version of PowerPoint and Windows 7 (we haven't checked previous versions of Windows). In the last few weeks, there was most likely an update to Windows and/or PowerPoint after which we started seeing this issue. Prior to the update, we could open the file just fine.

Could you update your PowerPoint 2007 version to the latest and let us know if you can reproduce the issue? The version number I referenced in my prior post was newer than the version that you were testing with.

Dear Filip,

I am upgrading my MS Office to latest version and I will soon verify the issue. I will share my comments with you as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards,

Dear Filip,

I have been able to reproduce the issue as shared by you and an issue with ID 22629 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified, once issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Thanks!

Hi Filip,

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

I am glad to share with you that the source of the problem has been identified and our Development Team is in the process of fixing this issue in the best possible way. The fixed version will hopefully be available by the start or mid of the upcoming week.

Have a nice weekend.

I would like to know if a fix for Java will also be available at te same time

Thank you

Simon

Hi Simon,

I have requested our development team to share the status of similar update for Aspose.Slides for Java. I will be obliged to share the response with you once our development team will share that. I really appreciate your patience for that.

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 22629) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi Simon,

I like to share a good news with you that our development is also working on providing the similar solution for the issue of presentations failing to get open in the latest version of PowerPoint. An issue with ID 24396 has already been added for this and we are very hopeful to share the hotfix for the Aspose.Slides for Java by Feburary 25. I really appreciate your patience for that.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

This is a very good news!!!

Thank you for letting me know!! It is very appreciated!!

Simon

I had replied in this thread previously, but it seems to be missing. Because this issue seems to have been introduced at the same time that the dependency on Aspose.Metafiles was removed (as discussed here), I currently have a dependency on Aspose.Metafiles until this issue is fixed. Is the timetable for this still mid-April?

Hello Dear,

I like to share that Aspose.Metafiles for Java compulsory dependency has been removed from Aspose.Slides for Java 2.4.3. Now, if only presentation containing WMF or EMF files contents will be needing Aspose.Metafiles for Java.

Secondly, the issue of presentation failing to get opened in latest MS PowerPoint hotfix has also been resolved in Aspose.Slides for Java 2.4.3. Please download the mentioned product version from here.

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 24396) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(6)