Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Ppt files opening in Office 2010 (Windows 7 64 bit)

Hi we have few problems with using Aspose (java) in our system

Till today we used Asposee.slides (ver 2.2.0) component for creation Presentations (included tables and charts) in our systems.

The presentations are created using “.pot” templates in Windows XP environment and opened by PowerPoint 2003.

Now we required to use these presentation files in new computers deployed with Office 2010 on Windows 7 (64 bit). We were surprised to see that our presentations are not opened well, we get the followed message:

After press repair button the file is opened (but part of data is lost)

If we save presentation now as .pptx from PowerPoint it will be opened next time successfully.

Are you know any issue about the problem of opening aspose.slides product within Windows 7 (64 bit) environment and the way to solve this problem

Thanks and Regards,

Peter Kapoulyansky

Software engineer

Invoke Solutions Ltd

Hi Peter,

The version that you are using is fairly old and it had some issues with presentations belonging to PowerPoint 2010. Please use the latest available Aspose.Slides for Java 2.6.0.2. If the problem still persists then please share the source presentations along with code snippet with us so that we may try investigation on our end.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

I have tested with the latest Aspose version and got the same result.

Attached please find the POT file I use.

And below is a simple example that reproduces the problem:

Thanks,

Peter

-------------

inStream - *.pot file

Presentation presentation = new Presentation(inStream);

OutputStream os_ppt = new FileOutputStream("c:/temp/ppt.ppt");

presentation.save(os_ppt, SaveFormat.PPT);

I can not attach the example, but it not worked with any (even empty) template created in office 2003 or 2007(2010) on x32 machine

Hi Peter,

I feel that you may have forgot to share the POT file. Please share with us so that we may proceed forward with that.

Thanks and Regards,

Sorry.

Attached. It’s just empty presentation created in PowerPoint Office 7 under Win7 x32
Same problem for POT file created in office 2007 XP and Office 2003 XP

Thanks Peter

Hi Peter,

I have worked with the POT file shared by you using Aspose.Slides for Java 2.6.0.2 in Windows 7 x64 environment. I have opened the generated presentation in PowerPoint 2010 and it did not show any warning messages. For your I have attached the snapshot of opened presentation and its version. I am using PowerPoint 2010 version 14.0.5136.5003. I have also attached the geneararted presentation for your kind reference. If you are using some older version then please update your PowerPoint version and hopefully the issue will be resolved.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi, Mudassir Fayyaz

Firstly thank you for your help.
The ppt sent by you is really opened in Powerpoint 2010.

Probably our problem is different.
We have now Windows7 x64 bit in our office.
So we run our application in Windows XP x32.
And product of Aspose does not opened in Windows7 x64.

Are you know about any problem related to creation PPT in x32 and opening of them in x64?

Thanks Peter

Hi Peter,

I have used your template presentation in Windows XP 2002 SP3 x86 environment. I have used Aspose.Slides for Java 2.6.0.2 with jdk1.6.0_21. I have opened the generated presentation in PowerPoint 2010 installed in Windows 7 x64 environment and have observe no issue at all. I also like to share that there is no issue at all while opening the presentation created in x86 environment and opened in x64 environment. Please share the details of your JDK version if the issue still prevail.

Moreover, I have also shared the presentation generated in Windows XP 2002 x86 and it opens perfectly fine in x64 environment. I would also suggest that you may please try using some fresh installation of Windows XP as well. Please also share that whether you are using some thing else with template presentation and then saving that or you are just accessing it and saving it.

Thanks and Regards,