Ppt format differences

Hi,

As follows from the api all operation for creating and formatting of presentation are the same/transparent for all formats. The specific format can be specified in Presentation.save.

Is there any issues concerning differences between formats, especially ppt and pptx formats?

Hi Leonid,

I like to share that in Aspose.Slides there are two separate API’s dealing with PowerPoint 97-2003 format and PPTX format. The namespace Aspose.Slides is responsible for managing all presentation formats supported in PowerPoint 97-2003, that includes PPT, POT & PPS. While, namespace Aspose.Slides.Pptx is responsible for managing PowerPoint 2007-2010 supported formats like, PPTX, POTX & PPXS. At the moment the inter-conversion of these two formats is not supported in Aspose.Slides and we are working in this direction. Hope it answers the query for you. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

It sounds very intriguing given that “cells” team reported their that api is transparent and all difference is in wb.save() (see <a href=")
Is it correct?

Hi Leonid,

We are sorry for your inconvenience but we are working over integration of two API’s. At the moment there is limited support available for reading PPT using Aspose.Slides.Pptx. For reference, please visit this documentation link.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Given I have functionality of working with aspose.slides for PPT creation, what is a right way of working with pptx.
In which extend the API’s are equivalent?

Regards,
Leonid.

Hi Leonid,

The two API’s are different while dealing with PPT and PPTX in Aspose.Slides for Java. However, Aspose.Slides.Pptx for .NET allows you to access the PPT with limited functionality using PresentationEx class. Unfortunately, this functionality is currently unavailable in Aspose.Slides for Java. You need to access the PPT presentations using aspose.slides namespace and access PPTX using aspose.slides.pptx namespace. Both API’s have similar classes to great extent but they are not interchangeable. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard. Please also visit the following links for your further information.

Many Thanks,