We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

PPT Gets corrupted while Merging when number of indiviula slides is greater than 2045

HI

i am using version 4.1.1.0 for aspose.slides dll but it is unable to merge slides and make the final corrupted whne the indiviual slides are greater than 2045.

Please Help.

In newer version 14, i m not unable to find method which could do merge.

Hi Ruchi,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the requirement shared by you and request you to please share the sample presentation and sample application with us with which you are able to reproduce the issue. I will investigate the issue further on my end to help you out.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for the reply. Please find attached the sample application which i have created in order to know the limit which aspose can merge successfully.

Prsentation folder in it contains sample .ppt file which we merge. In our customer application, we do have the requiremnt of merging similar such slides and number could vary from 100 to thousands.

JFYI, i ahve removed headet and footer from slide in order to maintain confidentialy, hope it will not impact your analysis.

Please have a look at it and suggest. I have tried version till 4. Let us know is dere any version which supports merging of ppt without any restriction. even if there is an restriction, what is it in higher versions.

Note: i am unable to attach sample code here. Is there any other way to do so.?

I am not able to attach anything, it is giving error (Internet explorer cannot dispaly the page after some time) , please suggest some other way so that i could share sample code and slide.

Hi Ruchi,

I have observed the issue shared by you. There may be some network issue and I suggest you to please try using some other browser for uploading the requested information. If there is still an issue you can upload in your dropbox and share the link with us. I will download the information and will proceed further with my investigation.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Attach is the sample application created for testing purpose. In prsentation folder, please find attached sample slides. In real application, it does have similar thousand of .ppt files which we want to merge.

JFYI, in real application, slide do have header and footer which i have removed in order to maintain confidentiality.

Please have a look and provide help as early as possible.

Regards,
Ruchi

Hi Ruchi,

I have worked with the sample presentation shared by you on my end and have successfully executed the sample code on my end. I have not been able to observe the issue specified with shared presentation. I have also observed that you are using the fairly old version on your end. If there is an issue then I suggest you to please try using the latest available version Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.5.0 on your end first. If there is still an issue then please share the problematic presentation and sample project with us that is reproducing issue on your end. I will try my best to help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for looking into this.

Did you try to merge more than 2046 ppt files using the sample code. For 1ess no , it will work howeever issue comes when no of files to be merged are more than 2045.

Apart from this, i have tried to use new latest version 14.5.0 for Aspose.Slide but it doesnot support method "CloneSlide" as per the previous version dlls.

So I am not sure what new methods could be used as per new dll.

Please provide your vaulable input.

v

Hi Richi,

Thanks for sharing the feedback. Please visit this documentation link for your kind reference to see how to clone slide using Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.5.0. Secondly, If there is still a cloning issue with specified number of slides with latest release as well on your end then please share the sample presentation with specified number of slides that you are using on your end to reproduce the issue. I will try to reproduce the same on my end with your presentation and help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,