PPT output - Image box alignment problem

Hi,

We are currently evaluating your Aspose.slides product for our requirement.

Our requirement is to convert a SSRS report into editable PPT format so that business users can edit all data elements manually in the output PPT.

Please find attached a sample PPT which was produced by Aspose.slides. In this file we are seeing below problems.Please advise solution on these.

1. Traffic light (colored) boxes are not always aligned with it’s row.(see page 2)
2. Powerpoint 2003 crashes(inconsistent) if try to change background color of colored boxes
3. Colored boxes are rendered as bitmaps so not able to manually change the background color of colored boxes.

Hi Sudipta,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the presentation file shared by you and like to suggest you to please try using Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 4.8.1 on your end. If there is still an issue then please share the RDL file by using Adventure Works as data source. Please also share the RPL file by following the guidelines shared here. Please also share the generated PPT, Tiff and PDF for reference as well for the same report. For issue 2, can you please share how may I reproduce the problem once you will share your feedback.

Many Thanks,

Thanks for your response.

After installing 4.8.1 version Traffic light box alignment issue is resolved.Also powerpoint crashing issues is not happening.

Regarding my 3rd issue we are able to figure out why those colored boxes were not editable.In the SSRS report design, external images were used and hence those boxes were rendered as “bitmap” or “picture” box.Changing images to rectangles with color back filling now allows us to edit colors in PPT output.

But I have observed another problem.This is regarding straight line elements used in SSRS report. In one of our report(SSRS 2005) we have used lot of straight lines for some graphics display.Some of them are having “dashed” style by requirement but when rendered to PPT using Aspose those lines are being turned into “solid” lines.

Please suggest how this can be fixed.

Another quick question is that we are not able to “edit” items(text or color) around the area where the “Evaluation only” para is appearing. Will this problem disappear when we use a licensed version?

Hi Sudipta,

That is really appreciable that things worked for you in latest version of Aspose.Slides.

sudipta:
But I have observed another problem.This is regarding straight line elements used in SSRS report. In one of our report(SSRS 2005) we have used lot of straight lines for some graphics display.Some of them are having “dashed” style by requirement but when rendered to PPT using Aspose those lines are being turned into “solid” lines.

Please share the RDL file by using Adventure Works as data source. Please also share the RPL file by following the guidelines shared here. Please also share the generated PPT, Tiff and PDF for reference as well for the same report. I will observe the issue on my end to help you further.

sudipta:

Another quick question is that we are not able to “edit” items(text or color) around the area where the “Evaluation only” para is appearing. Will this problem disappear when we use a licensed version?

Yes, when you have the license in place the watermark will not appear and you will be allowed to edit the data coming behind the message.

Many Thanks,