PPT/PPTX loads and saves slower for aspose.slides 14.10.0

We have been using aspose.slides from dec 2013 for a while. we want to upgrade to the latest version but there seems to be a performance issue in saving to a memorystream. It also seems slow even just opening up the ppt/pptx

using the code below, the line that saves the output to the memorystream takes around 1 second or less in the older version. in this 14.12.0 version, it takes around over 10 seconds. I wouldn’t expect it to be taking this long. can you try and reproduce and let me know if you are seeing the same thing. I don’t know if this is an issue with this version of aspose.slides or maybe its been slower for a while.

public byte[] Build(byte[] inputFile, KeyValuePair[] mergeFields, byte[] logoFile, decimal top, decimal left)

{

using (var output = new MemoryStream())

{

var document = _dal.Open(inputFile);

foreach (KeyValuePair item in mergeFields)

{

var merField = String.Format("[{0}]", item.Key);

_dal.Replace(document, merField, item.Value);

}

if (logoFile != null)

{

_dal.InsertLogo(document, logoFile, left, top);

}

document.Save(output, SaveFormat.Ppt);

return output.ToArray();

}

}

for the purposes of a test, just create some code that will open and save the document to a stream. I just realized this code snippet doesn’t include everything.

Hi Kirk,

Thank you for sharing the files.

I checked your files and it tasks around 4 seconds to open each file with the latest version of Aspose.Slides for .NET. Please create a sample application and share with us to help us reproduce the issue at our end. Also, please let us know the version you were using before which only takes 1 second to open the file. This will help us investigating the issue in detail.

Thanks & Regards,

attached is my test harness. just run it and choose the filetype and select the ppt or pptx from the first posting. I have had a wide range of times anywhere from 4-5 seconds up to 12 seconds. especially seems slow the first time, but then maybe a little faster after that.

in my opinion both these files are small enough that it shouldn’t be taking more than 1-2 seconds to open and save them. that’s about all im doing in this code. we are currently using 8.1.0 of slides in production and that only takes 1-2 seconds. seems like when I debugged this, all the time was spent just on the open and the save methods.

Hi Kirk,

Thank you for the details.

I am working on your issue and will get back to you with the results.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Kirk,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I am able to reproduce your mentioned issue after further testing. The files with the legacy version are taking around 2.6 seconds to open and save where as with the latest version it takes around 4.9 seconds (and 11 seconds when executing first time). An issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: SLIDESNET-36128 for further investigation at development team’s end. We will update you via this forum thread once the issue gets fixed.

Thanks & Regards,

For Java, what is an ETA for it?

Hi Praneeth,

Well, the issue is reported for .NET version of the API and after getting fixed in the .NET version, it will get ported to Java version. However, I would suggest you to share your sample code and template file with us to reproduce the issue. This way we can make sure that you are facing a similar issue or not.

Thanks & Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-36128) have been fixed in this update.