PPT Rendering Options not listed as an option after MSI install (delay signed?)

PPT Rendering Options not listed as an option after MSI install.

I followed and verified the 5 steps listed in the HOWTO: Install Manually link.

Even after restarting the service, the ASPOSE export options are not listed when viewing a report in Report Manager.

Strong name can't be verified error for Aspose assembly in SSRS log.

Trial verion = 3.5.0

OS = Win Server 2003 R2 SP2

SSRS = 2005 SP2

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services - Documentation

Hi David,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I regret to inform you that support for SQL Server for R2 is currently unavailable. An issue with ID 19664 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has also been linked with the issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mudassir,

Should I interpret this to mean that ASPOSE Slides for SQL Server 2005 is not available on the operating system Windows Server 2003 R2? This is the scenario which is not working in my case.

Additionally, I see the same missing PPT rendering options after installing ASPOSE Slides for SQL Server 2005 on Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

Can you recommend a Slides for RS product and server OS combination that will be easier to establish in a production environment?

Basically, ILDASM shows the assembly manifest contents descibring the Aspose assembly being delay signed and lacks the proper Aspose.snk key pair. I believe this is why the assembly's strong name cannot be verified when the Aspose assembly is being loaded at runtime.

Did ASPOSE's naming authority apply a strong name to the 3.5.0 assembly before publishing to the web? It appears the SSRS 2005 assembly was not associated with the authentic private key.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin>sn -vf "C:\Users\David\Desktop\Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices350\Bin\SSRS2005\Aspose.Slides.Repor
tingServices.dll"

Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Strong Name Utility Version 2.0.50727.42
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\David\Desktop\Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices350\Bin\SSRS2005\Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll is a delay-signed or test-signed assembly

Thanks,

Dave

Dear Dave,

I have requested our development team to share their views in response to your queries. I am awaiting their response and as soon as some information is shared, I will be obliged to share that with you.

Dear Dave,

Can you please share the Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll file that you are using and which is creating issues? We need to investigate the issue to some further details as OS version doesn't matter for Aspose.Slides for RS installation.

Thanks and Regards,

The source for this msi was the ASPOSE Downloads site on 8/27.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for sharing the MSI installer you are using. We are looking in to the issue specified by you and we will share the information with you as soon as we resolve the issue.

Hello Dave,

We are extremely sorry for your inconvenience. Actually for some reasons the Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll for SQL Server 2005 remained unsigned in Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 3.5.0. We have updated the installers with correct versions and you may please proceed to download section again to download the fresh version of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 3.5.0. Please share your findings with us.

Thanks and Regards,