PPT to HTML

Hi,
We’re evaluating Aspose for converting PPTs to HTML and ran into some trouble. First we tried 15.8, but the sample provided in the docs threw an ExceptionOnInitializerError, which I believe others already experienced.
Went back to 15.7, and managed to generate the HTML but unfortunately it doesn’t do/show anything. It seems it looks for an id in the HTML that doesn’t exist.

What is the recommended way to convert to HTML?
Could you please help with the above issue?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Tibor

Hi Tibor,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the requirements shared by you and like to share that we have already logged issues regarding ExceptionOnInitializationError on loading the presentation. For your second issue concerning to problem while generating the HTML for presentation, I request you to please provide the source presentation and generated HTML along with snapshot describing the issue. I will investigate the issue further on my end to help you out.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

The code:

Presentation pres = new Presentation(<source_path>);

HtmlOptions htmlOpt = new HtmlOptions();
htmlOpt.setHtmlFormatter(HtmlFormatter.createSlideShowFormatter("", false));

pres.save(<destination_path>, SaveFormat.Html, htmlOpt);

Source presentation and result HTML attached (html is renamed to txt, because html extension is not allowed).

Thanks,
Tibor

Hi Tibor,

Thank you for sharing the requested data and information.

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that I have worked with the code and file shared by you but I am unable to observe the issue on my end with Windows 8.1 and JDK 1.8 and Aspose.Slides for Java 15.8.0. I have attached the generated html file for your kind reference. Please share with us the environment details on your end as well as the generated html file once again as an rar or zip file, so that we may investigate it further to help you out.

Best Regards,

Hi,

JDK 1.8, Ubuntu 14.10 x64, Aspose.Slides 15.7.0

Thanks,
Tibor

Thanks for the rar file, but it seems you used the basic documentFormatter.

That’s why pasted in the sample code I used:

Presentation pres = new Presentation(<source_presentation_path>);

HtmlOptions htmlOpt = new HtmlOptions();
htmlOpt.setHtmlFormatter(HtmlFormatter.createSlideShowFormatter("", false));

pres.save(<result_html_path>, SaveFormat.Html, htmlOpt);

And when you open the result HTML file, nothing appears, because the generated javascript refers to an id that doesn’t exist in the html.

Thanks again!
Regards,
Tibor
Hi Tibor,

I have observed your requirements and worked with the presentation file shared by you. I have been able to reproduce the issue on Ubuntu. A ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-35067 has been logged in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue.This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-35067) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.