We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

PPT to PDF- background image is missing

Hi,

I am converting a PPT file to a PDF. Everything is ok besides the background image, it is not visible in the PDF.

Here is the code i use:
-----
License lic = new License();
try {
lic.setLicense(Testellitest.class.getResourceAsStream("/Aspose.Total.Java.lic"));
} catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}

Presentation p = new Presentation(“files/test_document.ppt”);
p.save(“files/generated/test_document.pdf”, SaveFormat.PDF);

-----

I have added these jars to the classpath:
woodstox-core-asl-4.0.8.jar
stax2-api-3.0.2.jar
log4j-1.2.16.jar
jsr173_1.0_api.jar
jai_windows-i586.jar
jai_imageio-windows-i586.jar
dom4j-1.6.1.jar
aspose-slides-2.4.0.jar
aspose-metafiles-1.7.1.jar
aspose-cells-2.5.2.jar
Aspose.Words.jdk16.jar

Using:
Windows 7
Java JDK 1.6.0_23
Eclipse IDE

The sample file i’m using is attached.

Ok, i found that the jai- jars actually contained .exe files (!). I installed them correctly in the JRE, although that does not make any difference in this case. Same result.

Can i programmatically find the version of the ppt file to see if it is supported or not? Or run some kind of compatibility test of it?

BRs

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have tested the issue and I am able to reproduce the same problem. I have logged it in our issue tracking system as SLIDESJAVA-25143. We will investigate this issue in detail and will keep you updated on the status of a correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Our main concern is currently not this exact PPT file, but how often these things will happen. This was the first document we converted to PDF using your product.
Our concern is
- How common are these things?
- How quickly do they get resolved, (and released)?

Can we expect these kind of behavior for 1, 5, 25, 50% of the documents for example or what is your estimate?

Best regards

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-25143) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.