PPT to PDF Conversion with Unicode

Hi,

I am trying to convert a PPT which includes Unicode (specifically, Chinese characters) to Pdf, however, the conversion process seems to replace some of the Chinese characters with blank squares. The original PPT displays the characters fine. The code below is how I am converting the PPT to PDF (the SaveFileAs variable is the path to PPT file).

using (Presentation presentation = new Presentation(SaveFileAs))
            {
                // Instantiate the PdfOptions class
                PdfOptions pdfOptions = new PdfOptions();
                // Set Jpeg Quality
                pdfOptions.JpegQuality = 90;
                // Define behavior for metafiles
                pdfOptions.SaveMetafilesAsPng = true;
                // Set Text Compression level
                pdfOptions.TextCompression = PdfTextCompression.Flate;
                // Define the PDF standard
                pdfOptions.Compliance = PdfCompliance.Pdf15;

SaveFileAs = SaveFileAs.Substring(0, SaveFileAs.LastIndexOf('.'));
                SaveFileAs = SaveFileAs + ".pdf";
                // Save the presentation to PDF with specified options
                presentation.Save(SaveFileAs, SaveFormat.Pdf, pdfOptions);
            }

Attached are screen shots of what is looks like in the PPT and then the same text in PDF after the conversion.

ChinesePPT.png (392 Bytes)
ChinesePDF.png (468 Bytes)

Any ideas why the conversion to Pdf is not including some of the special characters?

Many thanks,
Jack

@jack.putt,

I have observed the images shared by you and request you to please first try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.9 on your end. If there is still an issue then please share the source presentation reproducing the issue on your end so that we may be able to investigate the issue on our end. Please also share the generated PDF as well with us.

Still no luck unfortunately. Attached is an example PPT and the PDF that is created

ExamplePDF.pdf (4.0 KB)
.ExamplePPT.zip (25.0 KB)

@jack.putt,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have not been able to observe any issue in exported PDF. It may be possible that font used in your presentation is probably unavailable on your system. Please try installing the used font and hopefully things will be fine.

ExamplePPT.pdf (15.1 KB)

That is strange. The font is only Arial and when I export via PowerPoint into PDF it works fine.

Are you able to share your code so I can ensure I am not missing a step please?

Many thanks,
Jack

@jack.putt,

I have used the same code shared by you over following link.

Infact, I generated two PDF files, one with using PDF options and other without PDF options. Both gave identical results using Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.9.