PPT to PDF is not converted properly (C# .NET)

@sgopal84,

I like to inform that issue is in progress and will share this root cause after complete resolution.

Hi,

Can you please provide an update on this ticket?

Thanks & Regards,
Gopalakrishnan.S

@sgopal84,

We have investigated issue on our end and i like to share our findings with you. I like to inform that the reason of the issue is not in Aspose.Slides code itself, but in the .Net project that refers to Aspose.Slides.dll. It is necessary to remove the check mark from the option Build / Prefer 32-bit in project properties. This flag forces CLR to run an app in x86 mode which has considerable memory limitations even if the build platform set to Any CPU. Here’s some detailed explanation:
http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/sasha/2012/04/04/what-anycpu-really-means-as-of-net-45-and-visual-studio-11/
Also, it is necessary to use Aspose.Slides 19.4 release or later.

Hi Adnan,

Thanks for your response. Below is my queries.

1. Why is this ppt is only having issue. I converted other PPT file’s (using aspose slidesv19.2) to pdf and it converted to pdf file and it is working as expected. So your recommendation is to use Aspose.Slides 19.4 will solve the issue?

Please confirm?
Thanks & Regards,
Gopalakrishnan.S

@sgopal84,

Thanks for sharing feedback with us. We will inform you after investigation.

Hi Adnan,

Thanks you. I am awaiting for your reply. Please provide us a suitable solution for this issue?

Thanks & Regards,
Gopalakrishnan.S

@sgopal84,

I have observed your comments and like to inform that this particular ppt file consists of images. Every single slide is not a usual shape/text/table/etc set but an image (up to 4000x2250 pixels). 178 big images to load, operate and save to PDF are quite memory-demanding task. That’s why other presentations could be converted to PDF easily, but this one caused an issue. We would recommend to use the latest possible release (now it is 19.6), because performance improvement is one of our goals and we add some performance tweaks as well as bug fixes to Aspose.Slides releases. But yes, 19.4 is the minimum required version to handle this ppt correctly.

Hi Adnan,

Thank you for your response. Will try download the latest slide version and check the same from my end. Will keep you posted on the progress.

Thanks & Regards,
Gopalakrishnan.S

@sgopal84

Sure. You are very welcome.