PPT to PDF (via EMF)

Hi there,

I'm attempting to make a high quality PDF from a PPT using Aspose.Slides. I would like to retain the EMF data for the slide so that textual searching will continue to work within the resulting PDF and so that the image quality remains at its highest.

Any ideas how I do this as I'm struggling saving an EMF after using the GetThumbnail method of the slide.

Dim image As System.Drawing.Image
image = slide.GetThumbnail(1.0, 1.0)

' Add new section (page) to a PDF and set page's properties
Dim sec1 As Section = pdf1.Sections.Add()
sec1.PageInfo.PageWidth = image.Width
sec1.PageInfo.PageHeight = image.Height
sec1.PageInfo.Margin.Top = 0
sec1.PageInfo.Margin.Bottom = 0
sec1.PageInfo.Margin.Left = 0
sec1.PageInfo.Margin.Right = 0

' Insert image to the created section
Dim image1 As Aspose.Pdf.Image = Aspose.Pdf.Image.FromSystemImage(image) 'New Aspose.Pdf.Image(sec1)
image1.ImageScale = 1.0F
sec1.AddParagraph(image1)

image.Dispose()

Resulting output is a poorly compressed JPG, if I change the Image format of the Aspose.Pdf.Image object to EMF it fails with an encoder error.

Many thanks in advance.

Nick.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Slides.

We regret to inform you that Aspose.Slides currently does not support exporting to EMF image. An issue with ID 16124 has already been created in our issue tracking system for the provisioning of the feature. This thread has also been linked with the issue so that you may be notified automatically, once the feature is available.

You mentioned that resulting image is a poorly compressed JPEG. As a work around for this you can please try varying the parameters of Slide.GetThumbnail() method from 1.0 to some other higher values like 2.0 or 3.0. if you set the parameter values to 2.0, then the image generated will be of twice the size of slide. So, you can try using different values to a some, which match your requirements. Hope it may resolve your issue.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,