PPT to PPT in Java: Contents of Source and Target Files Are Different

Hi,

I am writing to you about a problem we encountered in working with MSO PowerPoint document using the Aspose Slides for Java library (v21.10). Specifically, when we load the PP document and then save it (immediately, without any changes) it happens that the target file is not consistent with the source file (check the slides’ content starting from fifth slide).

We reproduce reported on Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS and OpenJDK 11.

I am enclosing the zip file with test code, as well as the source and target PP files.

In the hope that together we will quickly overcome the problem!
Best regards!

Nenad

test files and code.zip (1.5 MB)

@zpredojevic,
Thank you for the issue description.

I reproduced the problem with the content, bullets of lists, and text alignment on many slides. I logged the issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-38669 in our tracking system. Our development team will investigate this case. You will be notified when the issue is resolved.

@zpredojevic,
Our development team is working on the issue. Some problems may be related to the lack of used fonts. For example, there is no Times New Roman font in Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS by default. Please check it carefully. Some problems should disappear after installing the appropriate fonts. We are going to solve the rest of the problems found.

@andrey.potapov

In the meantime, we upgraded the OS version to 22.04.4 LTS and Java to OpenJDK 17+35-2724, but the reported issue still exists.
We also tried installing some font packages, which also did not solve the problem.

Is there any update from your side or possibly any suggestion?

Best regards,
Nenad

@zpredojevic,
Thank you for the message. I’ve forwarded it to our developers.

The issue has been blocked by a similar issue in Aspose.Slides for .NET. Once the problem is solved for Aspose.Slides for .NET, it will be solved for Aspose.Slides for Java. Unfortunately, I don’t have any additional information. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.