PPT to PPT: Conversion Throws ArgumentException

Hi,

I am writing to you about a problem we encountered in working with MSO PowerPoint document using the Aspose Slides for Java library (v21.10). Specifically, when we load the PP document and then save it (immediately, without any changes) to PPTX format it works fine, but when we try to save it to PPT format an ArgumentException is thrown.

We reproduce this issue on Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS and OpenJDK 11.

I am enclosing the zip file with test code, as well as the source PP file.

In the hope that together we will quickly overcome the problem!
Best regards!

Nenad

test files and code.zip (1.5 MB)

@zpredojevic,
Thank you for contacting support.

Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the error you described. Please double check your results carefully (it looks like the presentation file is the same as here).

When the code sample attached when creating the topic (text code.txt) is run, the AssertionError generate the following stack trace: 2788.png (145.8 KB)

@zpredojevic,
Please check that presentation and code example. They are the same. Conversion is done without exceptions but the content is incorrect.

@Andrey_Potapov

You’re right. By mistake, I uploaded an attachment intended for another issue. This is the correct attachment.
I apologize for the misunderstanding.

test code and file.zip (529.0 KB)

@zpredojevic,
Thank you for the new data. I reproduced the problem with resaving the PPT file and logged the issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-38676 in our tracking system. Our development team will investigate this case. You will be notified when the issue is resolved.

@Andrey_Potapov

A short update, which can be helpful. In version 21.11 this problem as reported is not reproduced (it can be done save in ppt format), however another one is present. Content is lost on certain slides of target presetation, after the save operation in ppt format.

Nenad

@zpredojevic,
Thank you for the additional information. Could you please highlight on screenshots what content is lost after the operation of saving on your end?

@Andrey_Potapov

Here are the screenshots. Specifically, we are talking about slides 14, 20, 22 and 23. The first (14) shows that the content is not identical, while the others (20, 22, 23) does not contain any content.

Nenad

Slide14.JPG (211.0 KB)
Slide20.JPG (92.7 KB)
Slide22.JPG (86.9 KB)
Slide23.JPG (89.8 KB)

@zpredojevic,
Thank you for the screenshots.

I reproduced the problem with ink content and added a ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-38679 in our issue tracking system. Our development team will investigate this case. You will be notified when the issue is resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-38679) have been fixed in this update.

@Andrey_Potapov

Just to let you know that the problem is solved in the fix version (21.12). Thanks!

Nenad