PPT vs PPTX text and table style inconsistencies

Hi,

I am having some inconsistencies with formatting when saving as PPT vs PPTX. The issues occur when no formatting has been set. Currently I use all the same code, and only change the file format when saving.

In PPT, text is black, which is what I would expect. In PPTX, text is white.

In PPT, tables cells have black text and a white background, which is what I would expect. In PPTX, table cells are getting a table style applied.

Is there a way I can set up PPTX so that it will have the same default formatting?

I am using Aspose.Slides 15.3.0.0

Thank-you for your time.

IAutoShape shape = _presentation.Slides[0].Shapes.AddAutoShape(ShapeType.Rectangle, 20, 20, 100, 100);
shape.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0].Text = “text without formatting”;

IAutoShape shape2 = _presentation.Slides[0].Shapes.AddAutoShape(ShapeType.Rectangle, 140, 20, 100, 100);
shape2.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0].PortionFormat.FillFormat.FillType = FillType.Solid;
shape2.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0].PortionFormat.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = Color.Red;
shape2.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0].Text = “red text”;

ITable table = _presentation.Slides[0].Shapes.AddTable(20, 140, new double[] {50,50}, new double[] {50,50});
table[0, 0].TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0].Text = “0 , 0”;
table[1, 0].TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0].Text = “1 , 0”;
table[0, 1].TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0].Text = “0 , 1”;
table[1, 1].TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0].Text = “1 , 1”;

Hi David,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your comments and like to request you to please try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.7.0 on your end and then share your feedback with us. If the issue persists then please share the source and generated output file with us so that we may investigate it further to help you out.

Best Regards,

Hi Adnan,

I am not able to upgrade at the moment (company policies). I have looked through all the release notes for all the releases since 15.3 and have not seen any tickets related to the issue I am having. Can you please test and see if the issue is still occurring please.

Hi David,

I have observed your requirements and worked with the code shared by you. I have been able to reproduce the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-36857 has been logged in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue.This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

thank-you for trying the code again. It is greatly appreciated. Thank-you.

Hi David,

You are most welcome. We will notify you as soon as the issue will be fixed.

Best Regards,