PPT with embedded WMF cannot be converted to PDF

Hi,

I am having trouble converting PowerPoint Presentation document with embedded Windows Meta File image to PDF. Aspose.Slides.Pptx.Presentation is converting it but the converted PDF is not viewable.

Is WMF supported for PDF conversion?

Regards,

Joms

Hi Joms,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Slides.

Kindly share the source presentation with us along with sample code snippet that you have used on your end. I will investigate the issue on my end to help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

Here is the snippet…

if (fullFilePath.Contains(".ppt")) {
docPptx = new Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx(Server.MapPath(fullFilePath)); docPptx.Save(Server.MapPath(fullFilePath + “.pdf”), Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf);
}

Hi Joms,

I have worked with your presentation using Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.8.0 and have been able to generate the PDF successfully using following code. Kindly use the following code in your application.

using Aspose.Slides;

Presentation pres=new Presentation(“PPT+with+WMF+Image.pdf”);
pres.Save(“PPT+with+WMF+Image.pdf”, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf);

Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,
Mudassir:
Hi Joms,

I have worked with your presentation using Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.8.0 and have been able to generate the PDF successfully using following code. Kindly use the following code in your application.

using Aspose.Slides;

Presentation pres=new Presentation("PPT+with+WMF+Image.pdf");
pres.Save("PPT+with+WMF+Image.pdf", Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf);

Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I have downloaded the latest Aspose.Slides (5.8.0) and used your snippet but it still didn't work.

docPpt = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation(Server.MapPath(fullFilePath));
docPpt.Save(Server.MapPath(fullFilePath + ".pdf"), Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf);

Take note also that PPTX must be handled too so that is the reason I am using

docPptx = new Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx(Server.MapPath(fullFilePath));
docPptx.Save(Server.MapPath(fullFilePath + ".pdf"), Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf);

I have attached here the file converted to PDF but cannot be rendered.

TIA

Hi,

I have worked with the PPT file and tried accessing that using PresentationEx class. ArgumentException is thrown when exporting PPT to PDF. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-33141 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate this issue. However, the export of PPT to PDF using Presentation class generates the correct PDF. I have shared the source project for your kind reference.

Many Thanks,