PptEditException: Slide cloning with OLE-PPT

Hi,

I use cloneSlide() with the ppt in the attachment.
The folowing Exception is thrown:

Caused by: com.aspose.slides.PptEditException: Slide cloning error.
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.cloneSlide(SourceFile:1395)
at net.o4b.projects.zf.beamStationLite.userArea.modules.buildPresentationModule.controllers.BuildPresentationModuleController.createPresentation(BuildPresentationModuleController.java:328)
… 19 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.aspose.slides.OleObjectFrame.(SourceFile:40)
at com.aspose.slides.GroupShape.(SourceFile:47)
at com.aspose.slides.Slide.(SourceFile:192)
at com.aspose.slides.Slide.do(SourceFile:678)
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.do(SourceFile:1213)
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.cloneSlide(SourceFile:1383)
… 20 more

Thank you for fixing.

Dear vland,

Thanks for reporting. We will fix this bug as soon as possible.

Dear vland,

Please try the latest version Aspose.Slides for JAVA 1.8.1.0

Thank you for fast fixing.

Now it throws (Please note I'm using j2sdk 1.4.2._06) with every of my test PPTs:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/media/jai/codec/ByteArraySeekableStream
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.do(SourceFile:294)
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.(SourceFile:465)
at net.o4b.projects.zf.beamStationLite.userArea.modules.buildPresentationModule.controllers.BuildPresentationModuleController.createPresentation(BuildPresentationModuleController.java:321)
at net.o4b.projects.zf.beamStationLite.userArea.modules.buildPresentationModule.controllers.BuildPresentationModuleControllerTest.testCreatePresentation(BuildPresentationModuleControllerTest.java:91)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:154)
at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:127)
at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUnit3TestReference.java:130)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)

Please read system requirements here or in the readme file.

Now it works, thank you much.

Thank you.

Hello Alexey,
I went to the system requirements page (http://www.aspose.com/wiki/default.aspx/Aspose.Slides/SystemRequirements.html) you referenced and followed the link to download the JAI and JAI Image I/O libraries from the Sun website. The downloads for those libraries state "SolarisTM SPARCTM, SolarisTM x86, Linux, and Windows operating environments"...we are running on HP-UX. I know this isn't an issue with Aspose.Slide, but do you know if we can use any of those distributions on HP-UX? Thank you very much for your assistance!
Sunish

I was able to find a download for a “no native acceleration” version of JAI (https://jai.dev.java.net/binary-builds.html) but I was not able to find that type for JAI Image I/O Libraries. Is the JAI Image I/O Libraries needed for Aspose.Slides for Java to work? Thanks very much!

Dear sabraha5,

Aspose.Slides for JAVA will work without them except you will not be able to get images of slides.

Hi Shakeel

I am able to create images for individual slides. The images generated contain NO shapes/objects/etc. In all cases, none of the shapes or objects are coming out in the generated thumbnail. See attached Test ppt, it contains a chart which is not generated into an image, only a blank rectangle on the shown in the thumbnail. All other slides without any shapes/objects come out fine colors and all.

Thanks

I have generated the images which you can see in the attachment; Aspose.Slides for JAVA is not rendering the borders of the placeholders and rendering the slide with chart correctly.

You just need JAR files and don’t need any dll. Please read this post (119170) and let me know if it solves your problem

Thank you for the above link to jai jars. I’ve included these jars in my project and still I am not able to generate the image with chart as you have. Do the jars have to be in a specific order in the classpath?

This is my test:
BufferedImage thumbnail = slide.getThumbnail(new Dimension(700, 500));
ImageIO.write(thumbnail, “jpg”, new File(“C:\Temp\Test.jpg”));

Thanks

Dear sabraha5,

I have requested technical team lead to help you in this regard. He will help you as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

Hello,

I’m afraid attached presentation simply broken. There are empty master slides.
All shape styles are deleted so it’s not possible to draw right rectangles.

Hi Alexey

Please see the attached a powerpoint. It contains the all the master slides as they are, everything intact. This powerpoint contains an OLE chart object. My problem is that I am able to generate a thumbnail of everything on the slide except for the chart which is an OLE object. Is it that Aspose.Slide is not able to at this point, generate images of OLE objects?

The JDK version I am using is JDK1.4.2_05.

Thanks

Hello,

Sorry for delay.
I tested your presentation and chart rendered fine.
Do you have Aspose.Metafiles in the classpath?

Not a problem. I’m afraid I didn’t have Aspose.Metafiles.jar in my classpath. I just downloaded it from aspose and all the slide images are coming out perfect now. The world makes sense again. :slight_smile:

One last question, Do I need to download anymore jars to include in my classpath to handle all possible kinds of interaction with any kind of a PPT (versions of MS office) or other?

Thank you so much for your prompt responses.

No, you don't need anything else except you might need a patch for PNG images

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.slides-for-.net-and-java/error-one-factory-fails-for-the-operation-png.html