PPTX file is not getting converted to pdf with the same format

Hi,

I am not able convert a pptx file to pdf with the same format. Attaching the pptx file.

Code Snippet :

String fileName = "C:\\attachementTest\\test5.pptx";

PresentationEx pptPresentationEx = new PresentationEx(fileName);

pptPresentationEx.save("C:\\attachementTest\\testPdf.pdf", SaveFormat.PDF);

I am using Aspose java 2.7.0 and Aspose Slide 2.5.0. Even I tried for Slide 2.6.0 also but issue still persists.

Hi Sriman,

I have observed the issue shared by you and like to share that Aspose.Slides for Java does not support SmartArt rendering at the moment. An issue with ID 17994 has already been added in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

If the file is saved as .ppt. It works fine.

An alternative approach is Convert this pptx to ppt (works fine).

Then convert the ppt to pdf. but while convertign the ppt to pdf I am getting the following exception :

java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException

at com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.j.(SourceFile:56)

at com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.d.case(SourceFile:78)

at com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.d.new(SourceFile:58)

at com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.d.(SourceFile:50)

at com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.i.do(SourceFile:37)

at com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.i.(SourceFile:33)

at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.do(SourceFile:186)

at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.(SourceFile:570)

Hello Dear,

I have worked with the approach shared by you by converting the PPTX shared earlier to PPT using PowerPoint 2010 and then generated the PDF using Aspose.Slides for Java 2.6.0. I have been able to successfully able to generate the PDF and for your kind reference both converted PPT and generated PDF and shared.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi,

How did you convert the pptx to ppt ? Is it manually or programatically ? If you have done manually then its not going to help us because

My requirement is :

we have pptx files which are of 2007 versions in our DB (which we cant change). Now for these 2007 verisons pptx i need to create the pdf.

If you are converting the pptx to ppt to pdf programatically then please share the code template.

Thanks.

Hi Sriman,

I have used PowerPoint 2010 to convert PPTX to PTT and then using code snippet shared here, I have converted converted PPT to PDF. As far as your requirement converting PPTX to PPT is concerned, the functionality is unavailable in Aspose.Slides for this and you have to rely on PowerPoint for conversion of PPTX to PPT.

Thanks and Regards,

Any idea when it will be fixed. Is there any ticket raised for this ?

Hi Sriman,

The only issue that has been associated with this thread is 17994, which deals with providing support for SmartArt rendering. If you are referring to any other issue then please share the exact working scenario with your code and source presentation that can be used to reproduce the issue. The last presentations that you have shared with me, I have not been able to observe any issue and have also shared the generated output with you as well. Moreover, I have also shared the PPTX to PPT conversion scenario with you as well.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi,

Find some more PPTX files which are not getting converted proprly to pdf.

The conversion you are doing from PPTX to ppt is not feasible in all cases. Its not possible to tell each and every user to convert the pptx to ppt and then upload to the system.

Here I am providing some more files so that it can be fixed and tested.

Hi Sriman,

I have worked with the presentations shared by you and have been able to generate the PDFs for both of them. One presentation has missing chart inside it and an issue with ID 29402 has been created in our issue tracking system to resolve the issue. The other presentation has issue of vertical text being rendered in horizontal direction and an issue with ID 29403 has been created to resolve this issue. Moreover, at the moment the 3-D effects on shapes and text are not supported in Aspose.Slides at the moment. For your kind reference, the generated PDF are also attached. We will share the further information with you once the issues are resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

I have tested my PPTX files (attached in above replies) with the latest Jars Aspose Slides 2.8.1/2.8.2 Jars.

Still the issue of rendering persists. Any update on the issue.

Hi Sriman,

I have tested your both presentations using Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.0.0 and have generated found them perfectly. We are currently in phase of auto porting Aspose.Slides for .NET features to Aspose.Slides for Java. Once this will be done then every thing that is rendering fine in Aspose.Slides for .NET will also be resolved in Aspose.Slides for Java. Aspose.Slides for Java 3.0.0 is scheduled for delivery by end of May 2012 and will be the first features auto ported version. Your both issues will be resolved once the release will be available. For your kind reference, I have shared the generated PDFs with you as well.

Many Thanks,

We are facing following exception while converting PPTX file to PDF using ASPOSE.Slides.Java.2.9.4 version

com.aspose.slides.PptReadException: java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.(Unknown Source)
at testpose.TestPose.convertPPTXToPdf(TestPose.java:98)
at testpose.TestPose.main(TestPose.java:53)
Caused by: java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException

Any update related to its fix?

Hi Azeem,

Can you please share the source presentation with us so that we may investigate the issue on our end.

Many Thanks,

Please see the attached document.

Hi Azeem,

I have worked over the presentation using Aspose.Slides for Java 2.9.4 and have not been able to observe any issue while accessing it and exporting to PDF. The only thing missing in generated PDF is missing Word Art effect as Word Art is currently not supported in Aspose.Slides for Java. For your kind reference, the generated PDF is also attached. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33130 has already been added to provide the Word Art rendering support in Aspose.Slides for Java.

Many Thanks,

Can you please list all dependent jars which you used for PPTX to PDF conversion?

Hi Azeem,

I like to share that you need to use the Jar file shared in Aspose.Slides for Java 2.9.4 release. That includes following Jar files set.

• aspose.slides-2.9.4.jar
  • dom4j-1.6.1.jar
  • log4j-1.2.16.jar

Additionally, for thumbnail generation or export to PDF you need to java JAI image libraries. Please follow this documentation link for your further kind reference. Please download the JAI jar files from this link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/72783084/Jai.rar
Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

What is tentative plan for supporting the smart graphics?

Hi Azeem,

We are hopeful that SmartArt rendering support will be available in Aspose.Slides for Java by Q4 of 2012. As shared in one of former posts in this thread that an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-17994 has already been added to provide SmartArt rendering support. We will share the notification with you once the feature will be available.

Many Thanks,